Chapter 16: The Wave

A/N: OMG THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING MY BOOK! It really means a lot that you like it! Ok I need your help should I either make a I am number four fan fic book or Httyd book! Comment what you think also I am open to other ideas tooo! Anyway along with the story!

Nalia's P.O.V

I must have fallen asleep again because the next time I woke up I was nearly off the branch. I swayed a little and the rope snapped and I fell from the tree. I went flying through the branches. I landed on the ground with as loud thud. I groan in pain as I roll over on the ground. How I fell out of the tree, I still don't know. I pick myself off the ground and lean up against the tree catching my breath. I grab my trident and start moving again. I hope to find the beach before dark again. I walk over to the tallest tree and put the spile in it and I drink water from it.

I can smell the sea from where I am walking so I know I am getting close the beach and that's good. I need to catch a fish or something because I'm so hungry. My thoughts decide to think about Finnick. How I miss him so much and just want to be with him and not in this arena. I keep my trident held high just in case someone wants to attack me. Suddenly something moves behind the tree behind me. I can sense and here something moving. I am frighten that it's someone one isn't friendly.

Suddenly someone knocked me off my feet and I slammed onto the ground and the person on top of me. I try and get the person off me but in return a searing pain shoots up in my shoulder. I scream so loud and in pain that the figure shudders. I gather my strength and push it off me. I look over and see a woman. I have no idea where she is from. I turn and run to the beach. I could hear shouts in front of me and behind me. I was pushed to the ground again. 'Get off.' I grunt reaching for my trident. She kicked it away out of my reach. She held a dagger in front of my face. 'It's a shame to ruin such a pretty face.' She teased. She cut a streak beside my eye. I have had enough. 'Shut up.' I growl shoving her off me. I pick up my trident and run off. I can feel the blood dripping down my face. My shoulder is killing me. I can hear her following me. But now something else has come to my ears. It sounds like a roar of water but surely the beach hasn't got big waves has it? I am almost on the beach now and I look behind me and see that she isn't there. I sigh with relief. I come onto the beach puffing. I nearly collapse onto the ground. Suddenly someone grabs me by the hair. I scream as they pull me to the ground. I can hear shouting from a while away but it sounds familiar.

'Looks like your boyfriend can't save you now.' She sniggers in my hair holding me up to see a frantic Finnick screaming for me. I finally lay my eyes on his. I miss him so much and I don't feel like dying on him. While the girl was distracted I head butt her and roll around and grab my trident. I step onto one of the pathways leading to the Cornucopia. 'Bring it on.' She shouts grabbing more daggers out of her belt. The roaring noise is getting louder. Finnick is screaming at me for something. The girl was first to attack and I quickly side step it and jump further back onto the pathway. I finally see why Finnick is yelling at me and the sound of the roaring noise. A massive wave of water is coming our way ripping through the tree tops.

I turn to run only to be pushed to the ground by her. 'If you don't stop it we will drown!' I shout shoving her off me. 'If I die then so do you.' She shouts charging at me. I quickly get up and block her attack with my trident. The wave of water is getting bigger and closer. I turn and run a bit more before turning around and blocking her dagger and flinging it out of her hand. Luckily for her she had another three more daggers. The wave of water has reached the beach and is coming straight for us. She uses the two daggers to get my attention back. It clashes with my trident. I use my advantage to lunge my trident at her but she blocks it. She brings the two daggers down at me. I block one but the other stabs me in the shoulder again. I grunt in pain but I don't show any sign of weakness.

I turn and run while she is distracted. I hear the scream as the water caught up with the girl and which meant that it wasn't far behind me. Suddenly I got knocked off my feet and I was swept into the water that was so fast. The world suddenly becomes dark.

Finnick's P.O.V

I could hear her scream again. 'NALIA.' I yell in panic. Suddenly a girl drags Nalia out of the jungle across the Cornucopia from us. Nalia has blood dripping down her face. I shout her name. I can't see much more because they are so far away. Nalia head butted the girl and got but quickly and grabbed her trident. I yell her name feeling helpless being able to do nothing. Suddenly something else caught my eye behind them. A great wave was ripping through the jungle behind them. I run onto the nearest pathway screaming at her. She seemed to look behind her and notice what was behind her.

They clash together trident versus daggers. I know Nalia is better but is she too hurt to fight for her life. I go back to the beach where Peeta and Katniss are standing watching. I grab my trident and run back. The girl stabs Nalia in the shoulder. I so desperately want to to help her but I'm not running fast enough. Suddenly Nalia sprints off towards the Cornucopia and towards me. The other girl has no got swept away by the wave and Nalia isn't too far behind. The wave catches up to her she got knocked off her feet as the wave sent her under.

'NALIA!' I yell desperately.