Chapter Six: The Day Off

I woke up the next morning in a great mood. I was really looking forward to this day off with Damien, just hanging out and getting to know each other more.

I threw on some thick black leggings, my pink pullover and a white beanie. I then slipped on my winter boots, and smiled at my outfit, making my way out of the room and meeting Damien at the door, where he was holding a sled.

"Hey there sleepy head." He greeted.

"Hey there yourself." I smiled, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. He smiled as he watched my movements, the atmosphere growing a little awkward. He cleared his throat, and opened the front door, waving me through while he bowed. "M'lady." He grinned, and I laughed, stepping through, and curtsying. "Thank you, kind sir." He laughed as well, and followed me outside. 

He led me up the hill we were sledding down yesterday, and set down the sled. I looked around the area, and noticed that most the stuff from yesterday had been cleaned up. The targets in the snow were gone, and all the messes from the punishments. I suppose I'm not surprised, this isn't our lodge to just mess up.

I grabbed the sled, and smiled to Damien as I sat on it. "Push me?" I asked, looking back at him. He nodded, kneeling down and grabbing the edge of the sled. "Ready?" He grinned, and I nodded. I felt the force of him pushing on the sled, sending me down the hill. 

I laughed, holding onto the front of it, enjoying the bite of the cold air on my cheeks. The sled hit a rock, and began to tumble, sending me flying out of it. I gasped, rolling along in the snow, and rubbing my head.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" I looked up, and saw Damien slide down the hill. I smiled, and began laughing. "That was hilarious! Did you see that!" I laughed out, holding my stomach. Damien's worried face went to ease, and he laughed with me. Helping me to my feet, we made our way back up, and he sat on the sled. "Okay, my turn." 

I kneeled down, and pushed him down the hill, watching as he shouted out, but laughed as the sled came to a stop, and he bounced out of it. 

I waved, as he came back up the hill, setting the sled down again. "Let's go down together." I raised my brow, but shrugged, sitting down in the sled, and he sat down behind me. He was warm, and his arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to blush. I bit my lip, and felt him kick his legs, forcing the sled to push. It went faster than it did with one person, and I screamed, curling up my legs, and feeling his arms wrap around me tighter. This took my attention away, and I didn't notice when the sled flipped, sending us rolling out of it.

I groaned, rubbing my head and opening my eyes from the crash. My face heated up as I saw Damien hovering over me, his own face red and eyes wide. His arms were on either side of my head, and the bottom half of his body was on the right of mine. He stared at me for a moment, then quickly got up, clearing his throat. "S-Sorry, maybe that was a bad idea."

I sat up, and shook my head, trying to get the snow out of my (h/c) hair. "No, it was fun. The ending was a little...awkward, but the way down it was fun. You seemed scared." I grinned, and he fake scoffed, but then smiled. I could tell he was glad I defused the atmosphere, so we could go back to our normal conversations. 

"We should walk around a bit, and look around. Maybe we'll find something interesting?" He suggested, standing up and holding out his hand to me. I gladly took it, standing up, but losing my footing slightly and falling into him. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, helping me back on my feet. 

"Thanks.."

"You've gotta stop falling for me." He laughed at his own joke, and I blushed, looking away. "I-I'm clumsy! I'm sorry!"