Kade Couldn't Take It

Start from the beginning

" No, Becks wait!" Ethan panicked, his eyes holding a source of wild fire.

" Let go off me! Let go off me now!" Rebekah screeched, and Ethan's pupils dilated. His head began to whip around the area to make sure prying eyes weren't on them. Shit, Rebekah was going to tell someone for sure. He thought she'd understand. She continued to tug her arm furiously in an attempt to get it back, but Ethan's grip was strong and it caused her to yelp.

" Rebekah, stop it's-"

" I'll scream if you don't,"

" No, please i-"

" Help! Help, somebody help me!"

Ethan looked more scared than ever, his large eyes still teared up and a pale complexion coating his face. He knew someone was bound to hear her. He'd never looked this frightened in all the time she'd seen him. His eyes held that horror that he was so worried would be released. But despite that little heartbroken face, Rebekah didn't fall for that act anymore.

Her deafening yells erupted in the air, shaking the ground beneath them, and Ethan's grip on her arm was so tight, it began to fill with a large rash. She was pulling so forcefully, that he felt he may pull her arm out of its socket.

With one more tug, Rebekah managed to free herself; it must've been the fear pumping energy into her bloodstream. Rebekah stumbled backwards onto the ground when Ethan's hand disconnected from her, and he immediately noticed a hand print stamped on her irritated skin.

God, he ruined everything he touched.

She hurried off the ground; her ankle had twisted, but the adrenaline rushing through her prevented her from feeling a thing. Rebekah cried out once before she jolted off running, and Ethan rose his arm out.

" God, dammit. Rebekah!"

She didn't know which direction she'd headed, nor if it was the way that led her home, but she could hear Ethan's feet chasing her as if she were a hare and he were the hunter, ready to fetch her back to his territory and fry her until her brain couldn't remember why she'd hurried away in the first place.

Rebekah couldn't even think straight. The trees in the forest seemed to swarm around her. Alls that she could hear was the blood pounding through her ears, and her ragged breath as she flew through the air with such fear she didn't know what to do with herself. She didn't know how to handle it.

Rebekah seen the sky go bluer, and she knew she'd left the forest. She took it as a good sign, but she couldn't stop running. She couldn't bring herself to look behind her, and just kept rushing down the path. The schools roof came into view, and her eyes sparkled with hope.

The rush began to wear off, and Rebekah felt herself slowing down. She panicked, turning behind her, but she turned back so fast that she didn't notice anybody there. She felt her head go dizzy and her eyes began to droop shut. She stood still for a moment, attempting to balance herself. Rebekah became completely oblivious that Ethan may still be behind her.

She pressed her hand against her head when she heard a deep voice from in front of her. "Becks?"

Rebekah whipped her head up, and to her surprise, she saw Kade stood right beside the school gate, staring at her with pure confusion.

Rebekah froze on the spot, staring at him with wide eyes, until she heard a jog from behind her. She hastily swung her neck to the side, noticing Ethan right behind her, and she let out a blood-curdling scream.

Before Rebekah knew it, she'd dived on to Kade, clinging onto his shirt and she hadn't even remembered getting there. Her heart was pounding so fast she felt it may explode. She had an insane look about her face as she gasped for air, and Kade looked down at her, his eyebrows knitting further as he was completely perplexed.