CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

Corbyn looked around for help, but to no avail, so he shrugged, "It just wasn't meant to be."

Then the interviewer moved on to another question.

I looked at the 17 year old boy beside Corbyn. Zach. He was so far the most normal kid here, aside from Jack. The two didn't seem fazed by what happened hours ago. Aside from the fact that Zach had insisted he wanted Chipotle, I figured that he had just said that so that the awkward atmosphere would be removed hours ago.

Before Grey left me alone inside my car earlier today, he had given me important news.

"I'm being assigned to a mission, along with Gav and Josh. So I'm sorry if we-"

I cut him off with a hug.

"It's okay. Thank you for being here."

He hugged me back, "Thank you for being you."

It's actually been quite a while since I've hugged and been hugged, so what happened earlier was quite a big deal to me. But Grey is a good friend so it's alright.

I was cut off from my reverie when I heard my name being said on the mic. Not my name exactly. Zyra.

"So, this make up artist of yours, Zrya, huh? I heard that Zach and her were all buddy-buddy back in GMA." I saw the interviewer smirk at the boys.

I looked at the boys and Corbyn's eyes met mine. His held a dozen of mixed emotions. Mine held none. I made sure of it.

I'm a guard.

Just a guard.

Who might also happen to be undercover as a make up artist.

I looked away, and pretended to check important messages on my phone, while plugging in my earphones for effect.

I heard Zach's melodic laugh fill the station.

"Oh, that. I didn't even know it was obvious."

"Oh so there is something going on?" I heard the interviewer ask.

Zach chuckled, "Not telling."

And for the first time since the start of the interview, I saw some other emotion fill Daniel's eyes.

Jealousy.

"Oh don't believe him, Brian." He faked a laugh, even though to the public it wasn't an obvious fake one.

"Zyra obviously doesn't go for younger boys." He rolled his eyes at Zach.

Zach's brows shot up. "Really? Well that's not what Su- Zyra said to me on our date!"

The four other boys and interviewer looked intrigued and Brian motioned for Zach to continue.

The boy blushed a deep red and looked at me bashfully.

"Well, I-" He coughed, "- I asked her out on a date last week and she said yes. Took her out to a carnival. Even won her a teddy."

I narrowed my eyes at him, he winked at me.

Liar.

I was busy babysitting them last week.

"Sounds like a great date! Now to all the fans out there, #TeamZyNiel or #TeamZyrAch? Tweet us your otp!" Brian said enthusiastically.

Corbyn's lips turned down. He was frowning so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if his lips fell off.

His pink, plump, kissab- snap out of it.

Now I just sound like a slut.

Jonah looked away.

Jack was smiling, "I ship Zyra and I though. We're so perfect, she even helped me write a song last week."

Well that may not be half a lie.

I saw Jack in the living room that day playing my grand piano. While he was singing, I plugged in a few lyrics and he took it for his song.

I'm not sure what the title he decided on was. It was just about I love you or something.

Brian looked impressed, "Really? Can we hear it?"

Jack looked at the other guys for permission. They shrugged.

Daniel took his acoustic guitar and started to play.

Jonah was the first one to sing.

"You know me the best, you know my worst, see me hurt but you don't judge.."

His voice was like spring. Fresh.

"I said those words before but it was a lie, and you deserve to hear them a thousand times."

Zach's voice was like autumn. Developed, but not wilting.

"Why do I pull you close and then ask you for space?"

Jack's voice was like winter. Soothing, cold.

"If all it is is eight letters, why is it too hard to say?"

Corbyn's voice was a mix of all seasons. Complicated, but beautiful.

I remember writing the chorus with Jack. It was fun.

"Isn't it amazing, how almost every line, all our hands align when your hand's in mine.."

Daniel sung his part. His voice was like fall. Cold and soothing or not so much.

The song ended.

Their melody was perfect.

"This song is dedicated to Zyra, actually."

And I thought you were the good one, Jack.

A/N:

Okay so, I fucking love BeautyChickee. She's amazing af! This is not a hate book about her. Again, it just goes well with the plot. I'm sorry if I offend any Chickees! I swear to glob. Please don't hate me! :(

-biz