I break out....

This was the first time I'd ever done something this insane. I planned hopefully not to do it again. I'd lost my backpack and glasses, through the process of getting kidnapped I guess. Though, my vision was perfectly fine... which was strange, but I'd decided not to question anything here with actual logical sense. 

"Why didn't you ever try to break out?" I ask Philip (It was the boys name... which he told me after a few small conversations)

"I just didn't see the use... there's nothing out there for me to go back to...." He answered scraping his knife against the floor. 

"Well, that's depressing..." I say looking at my dirty and wet shoes. 

"Yes it is...." 

He had a British accent and according to him, he had no family. He'd been caught stealing from the, ripea... which was their bank.

"Why'd you decide to steal?" I asked again, while we sat thinking about a plan to escape. 

"You do realise we're never going to get anywhere out of this place, if you keep asking questions..." He said lightly. 

I rolled my eyes, "Sure... sure, but I have no ideas, so you better think up of something...."

He frowned at me.

"How'd you end up here?" He asked. 

"I don't know!!!" I exclaimed throwing my arms into the air. 

"What do you mean... you don't know?!"

"My best guess is... I've been mistaken for someone else...."

He looks down to the ground, I knew he didn't believe me... nobody did. I sighed and leaned against the wall. That's when Phillip looked through the hole again. 

"You have a window?" He asked. 

"Yeah..." I say looking    up at it. 

"You must have done something seriously petty then... if you got a cell with a window in it..."

I shrug, I wasn't really sure how things worked around here. 

"Well... the security here is not good... there are magical boundaries, but with my help I think I can get us out..." He continues. 

"Us? I thought you didn't want to come along...." 

"Ahhhhh.... well, I changed my mind... the food here is terrible anyway..." 

I looked at him with disbelief. His life was just so... free. With no rules or boundaries. It kind of made me long for it. 

"Anyway...." he continued. He started using the help of his knife and hands, and started to take of  more bricks to widen the hole. 

"Why didn't you do this before?" I asked. 

"I only got here yesterday.... and I was too lazy to leave anyway, I'd decided to save it for another day..."

This time I actually scoffed, but started to help him widen the hole anyway. When the hole was big enough, he crawled through and headed directly for the window. I got up, brushed my pants and went to stand next to him, arms crossed. 

"So..... what are we doing?" I ask. 

"Oh we're just going to melt the bars and get out..."

"We can do that?!"

"I told you the security here was loose..." He pulled a satchel, hidden inside his white shirt. He looked like a normal teenager. With jeans, a white shirt and a jacket. Just looked a little roughed up thats all. 

He took out a book which contained many drawings and scribbled. He turned to a page and started to chant. His eyes closed, His hand to the bars, just like Hugo had done.

"Woah..." I said looking at the bars, there was blue flame eating away at the rods, the melted metal falling to the floor, in drops. I looked up, the bars where completely gone, but the hole wasn't big enough for us to fit in. 

"Why don't you break down the wall now....?" I ask looking at Philip. He was panting, out of breath, like he'd run a whole mile or something. 

"What? I don't have the energy for that..." He answered looking at me as if I was dumb. 

"Oh..." I said feeling slightly embarrassed. His knife was still in my hand, I felt for it's handle and tried to at least remove a brick from the wall in front of me. It didn't budge. 

"Now what do we do....?" I asked, pretty sure we were never going to get out at this rate.  

Instead of answering he jumped up, and squeezed in through the tiny space the window had left. It was quite comical to see how he wriggled through..... but all that replaced with fear when I watched him fall. 

I gasped, standing on my tiptoes to look out, I didn't see anything except mist. I heard the sound of footsteps. 

"She's right here sir..." I recognised Hugo's voice coming down from the corridor. I leapt doing the same thing Philip had done.

I closed my eyes, and could feel myself falling, maybe this is where my life would end. Instead my whole body went cold, I was wet again, I had fallen into water. I surfaced up gasping for breath, I noticed the outline of Philips body. 

"Hey!" I whisper- shouted, I didn't want to get heard. He ignored me, and swam to shore. I followed him, and got on shore as well. I looked around, the place was beautiful.... it looked like the backwaters of the palace.

"Wow...." I breathed. I then turned back to Philip, "How did you know this was here?" 

He shrugged, "I didn't.... I guessed..."

I stared at him open mouthed, "YOU COULD HAVE BROUGHT ME TO MY DEATH!!!" I shouted. 

He shushed me...

"Don't you dare shush me!" I said though I whispered it this time. 

"I didn't ask you to trust me..." He said matter of factly. 

That was true... i didn't answer, turned back around to stare at the lake. We were on a small island type place in the middle of the lake. The palace was close to us and to my left. There was a balcony type place, where the king might have admired the lake as well. The sun was starting to set, and the sky was a shade of pink and yellow. I was excited and scared about what was going to happen next....