𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝙸 | 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

5 Years ago

"Mr. Kim! Would you like to tell us more about the rumors? Is it true that you got your non-showbiz girlfriend pregnant?"

All the media journalists chases him walking out of the entertainment building, dying to have his opinion on their papers and vlogs. He hides his eyes from the camera flashes view, walking briskly, clearly avoiding everyone surrounding him. It's all useless now. There's nothing else to clear this unless they drop a statement.

His manager tries warding them away, blocking anyone from peering their camera lenses and mics closer.

All of them wants a taste of the artist's side, a simple answer to a so-called rumor that sparks a hotter issue to keep media and people entertained, to keep them hooked.

Ah.... What a cruel world it is.

"He says nothing," Joohyun announces loud and clear "Please do not disclose such topics here— I will not hesitate to report you and file a lawsuit for defamation. Thank you"

They take a step away... finally; Their van arrives at the right time

"Hurry!" One of the employees inside chants, and they begin to walk faster to lose the crowd.

"Look! They're getting away!" One of the many cameramen shouts, making everyone turn heads over to where he points.

And so they chase after them... still.

"Seokjin! Hurry!" Joohyun pushes him inside at once, very quickly. She shuts the door and orders them to drive away. Both let out a pant of relief.

"Hyung," The driver, his secretary rather, calls "How are you going to tell this to your parents now?" He worries.

Seokjin says nothing. The defeating silence of his consciousness begins consuming him alive. Rummaging inside nonstop. He leans back and begins to ponder, how the hell did that happen? For sure he did use protection that night, he remembers clearly. It's certainly impossible that it would've slipped off him that night.

"Seokjin!" His manager snaps him out from his thoughts "Are you listening?"

"Huh?"

Joohyun simply purses her lips to a thin line. A pool of mixed and unsettling emotions spiral around. She feels bad for him.

"What will happen now?"

He remains silent, pondering what he has to do to save the child. His own conscience wouldn't even forgive him if he chose the other option, and kill an innocent unborn child's life. He can't force her to do so. The decision should be mutual. If she chooses to leave it to him, he'll take it.

Seokjin looks up at his manager, the hint of his eyes telling everything...

"No matter what, I'll take care of the child."

____________

The story is the product of the author's imagination and is purely for entertainment purposes only. The people used (BTS and other figures) to portray the characters in the story are not mine, nor am I affiliated with such in real life.

Any of the events, places, or people mentioned in the story exists, is purely coincidental!

No part of this book is to be printed or reproduced without the knowledge of the author and the author's consent.

Plagiarism is a CRIME!

ACT I
© suriikkun

2022