Welcome to University

The college was luxurious. Large gardens and vast areas had the aura of grandeur. It symbolized a posh college because it was. One of the most prestigious colleges in New york - Alhadaya University.

From inside, it was like every other college - A MESS

Students were running here and there to find their classes or find friends. One could find groups already formed, which were blocking the ways. Lockers getting banged, and of course, the staff continuously shouting to stay quiet. There were all kinds of students - nerds, bitches, sweet, arrogant, bookworms, stalkers, and it goes on. 

The bell bonged, indicating the beginning of our College life.

Sana's POV:

The first thing I got upon entering college is a push. Yes, I was pushed to a wall. I brought up my hands on instinct, saving myself. Few boys were pushing around.

I went to the reception to take my schedule. There was a girl already standing there. She was cute and as tall as me. With slim specs and a French plait, she actually looked pretty.

"Hi, I am Suzi," she said smiling.

"Hi, I am Sana," I said and shook her outstretched hand. We had small talks while I was waiting to receive my schedule. 

"So let me see your schedule... hopefully we do have some subjects in common". 

" Well, we have Maths, chemistry, history, and gym together. That's great." "Yeah," I agreed. It was good having a new friend. 

The corridor bell rang again, and an announcement started - " All freshers are requested to come to the auditorium. It is down the hall, towards the entrance of the main building. Please gather in ten minutes. Thank you. "

Both of us entered the auditorium, and it was huge. Everyone started claiming the seats. There was some commotion going on at the front rows, but soon it got quiet.

Eric's POV:

As soon as Eluna and I entered the parking lot, we were greeted with many pairs of eyes. They all were eager to know who was the owner of the smashing baby - my Red Ferrari. We got down together, and I could swear that there were many frowns. They probably thought that we are dating. Yeah, well, good for us.

" We'll soon be the talk of this college; you just had to choose this car for the first day

" We'll soon be the talk of this college; you just had to choose this car for the first day. " Eluna whispered. 

" Won't matter anyway. So better enter in style ". I replied, looking around.

The whole infrastructure of the college was impressive. We had been here before as well, but it never ceased to amaze me. Dad was one of the members of the college board. The security was also good, as we had many students who were from the affluent class. Safety hence became one of the priorities of the Institute. Soon the students started surrounding us.

Within 10 minutes of introduction, though not much from our end, we started towards the auditorium as per the announcement.

The hassle at the auditorium was worst. After knowing that we were siblings, girls swarmed around me like bees. All tried to sit near me.

Few boys, on the other hand, had surrounded Eluna.

Sometime later, we finally settled with Eluna sitting at the corner seat, me next to her, and my best childhood friend, Alex, next to me. There were pouts and groans, but I was least bothered. Ah, the peace!

Since we were are the front row, I am sure everyone must have noticed the commotion.

Soon, a young lady faculty walked up the stage. Idiots! There were several claps, whistles, and cheers.

When everyone became silent, she said, "Good Morning, Girls and Boys.....Welcome to Alhadya College.."

###################

Finally, the induction seminar got over. We all started to head back to our classes. Eluna and I had physics, maths, and gym together. Alex, too, had most of the subjects the same as me. With our first session being the same - Maths, we headed to our rooms.

The classroom was spacious and well equipped. The back rows were almost complete, and the side seats were available. Few had occupied the middle seats. Two girls were sitting on the second bench and three girls near the window. As soon as we entered the room, everyone started whispering. Most of them ceased their activity to look at us.

Just as we started making our way, a girl came beside me

" Hey Eric, glad to see you again. it's been a while. " Sandy said, giving me a side hug. Sandy was a family friend, you could say. Our fathers were friends; thus, we had met each other on multiple occasions.

" Hey Sandy, yeah. How have you been? " I asked back.

" All fantastic! I'm glad to know few familiar faces here. Oh, hey Eluna, hi Alex. I didn't think you guys were also joining the same college. "

Eluna gave a small smile and shrugged while Alex waved his hand back.

" Why don't you come and sit with me at the back. I will introduce you to a few of my friends " I was about to give a reply when Eluna jabbed me and replied instead.

" Thanks, Sandy, but we'll like to sit at the front. You know, because it's the start of college and makes it easy to listen, " I snickered, hearing Eluna. Of course, she would sit in front to concentrate, but I think she was trying to get away from Sandy.

Sandy looked at her and blinked.

" Yeah, why not..mmm..where do you want to sit? " she asked, still eyeing me. Eluna sighed, " I'll sit somewhere, maybe the middle row. You guys can sit wherever you want. "

" Sure, Eric, let's go back " Sandy smiled.

" Er... It's alright, and I'll sit with Eluna today," I said, giving an apologetic smile to Sandy. Though I very much wanted to stay away from her to avoid any rumors.

" Oh, It's alright, let's sit there, I will ask those girls to move, and we can sit together," she said, motioning to her friends, who giggled back and started coming towards us. Alex just mumbled back something like Sandy, completely ignoring him, making Eluna snicker.

As we started making our way towards the middle row, Eluna gave me a look - back and forth from Sandy to me.

I rolled my eyes and gave her a thumbs up. I was not about to flirt with her.

############

(A/N: Alhadya University is a made-up college name. It is the Arabic word for gifts.)

I hope you liked the chapter, so keep giving votes and comments... :)