5

I had talked to Cody and he told me to dress casual because we were just going to this old school diner which I was excited about. As I was getting ready my phone rang on my bed, I was quick to answer seeing as it was my brother Ryan.

"What's up bro?" I answer flopping onto my bed since I was already dressed.

"Hey just checking in on you runt." Ryan says.

I roll my eyes even if he can't see me. "Must we have another conversation about calling me runt."

Ryan chuckles on the other end. "Sorry no can do, you're stuck with it forever. Anyways how's LA?" He asks.

"I'm absolutely in love with it here." I admit.

"Woah now, you can't be falling in love with it out there you gotta come back to the A." I laugh knowing my brother was being serious.

"I won't. Georgia will always have my heart, it's home." I say making him sigh.

"Good. I miss you Pax." He says making me frown.

"I miss you two Ry. Its weird not being home with you for the summer." I roll over on my stomach as we talk.

"I know. The house is so quite for it to be summer time." Ryan was all I had left and vise versa so not being home was weird. "I was thinking of flying out there for your birthday, would that be cool?"

I smile widely. "Of course!" My brother and I are incredibly close considering we are 8 years apart. Then again we had to be we only had each other.

We stayed on the phone for a while until I heard a knock at the door and looked at my clock seeing it was 7:27. "Shit Ry I gotta go I'm going to dinner with... uh some people."

"That pause makes me think you're lying but I'm going to ignore it and tell you to have fun." He says making me chuckle. "No under age drinking!" He adds.

"No promises, love you byeeee." I sing hanging up.

"Pax your date is here!" Addy and Rachel yell in sync through the house making me groan.

Walking down the stairs I see Cody waiting at the door with Addy and Rachel. "Have her home by 12 and no later!" Rachel threatens.

"Oh my god you are so stupid." I roll my eyes. "Come on Cody lets get out of here before they make me put a tracker on my phone." I joke trying to lead him out.

"Ha jokes on you we already have find my friends on you!" Addy yells as I shut the door.

Cody shakes his head as he leads me to his car and opens the passenger door for me. "You're friends are something else." He says as he climbs in the drivers side.

I nod in agreement. "Yea they are, but I wouldn't trade them." I smile. "How bout you, you're friends crazy like mine?"

"I'm friends with Kike does that tell you." He jokes making me nod.

"True, true." I agree. "So tell me, what's it like being the hottest player in baseball?" I ask. Cody looks at me with a smirk. "I mean stat wise, coming off your rookie of the year and all." I blush realizing he thought I mean looks wise.... well that he is but I can't let him know I know that.

"Right." He teased. "Well I'm just a normal guy." He shrugs.

I chuckle shaking my head. "Yea ok. Suree Mr. MLB."

"Tell me about you then Miss YouTube." He fires back at me.

"Just a girl, crying her way through college and making some funny videos." I shrug.