Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

I won't take it back though. Everything I said I meant, whether Erai liked it or not. And speaking of Erai...

He obviously wasn't here, and it was a little weird how I just waltzed on in and flopped down on his bed observing how soft his pillows were.

I sighed and got up to leave, but something on his nightstand caught my attention. It was a small black and blue box with a red gem in the top, with spiraling down silver on the sides that held the box up like a little stand, with two red candles on both sides of it.

Curiosity captured my attention, and before I could stop myself, I found myself reaching out and grabbing the small yet beautiful box.

It was about the width of both my hands put together, and I studied the beautiful writings on the side. They looked to be Arabic, like the words in Erai's necklace, so I couldn't understand a single word.

I put my hand on top of the box, and gasped as I felt a painful shock run through me. I quickly pulled my hand away and observed it for any burns, but surprisingly there were none.

It's like as if nothing really happened at all...

The hand that was underneath the box suddenly felt like the box had been vibrating, no, not vibrating, but...

Beating...

My grimace grew as I suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling fill me. Something kept repeating that I should open the box, but the other half of me kept replaying the shock feeling I've felt just a moment ago.

Was it worth it..? Would I be zapped again if I tried?

"Why am I so scared of this thing..? Just open it already!" I chided to myself, putting my hand on top again before I could stop myself and opening the box.

I closed my eyes tightly as I expected another shock to come, but instead, beautiful music started playing. (FOR THIS, PLEASE GO ONTO YOUTUBE, AND TYPE IN DAVY JONES MUSIC BOX WITH RAIN. DONT QUESTION IT, JUST DO IT XD)

It was a music box. My eyes widened in surprise as I listened to an unfamiliar melody start to play.

It was dark and sad, and I felt the box start to beat rhythmically again.

I brought the box closer to myself, and looked inside. A dancing blue flame erupted within, and I gasped as I saw my heart inside.

It was beating nice and slowly, and I realized suddenly that was the reason for the box feeling like it was beating. It wasn't beating, my heart was.

I stared down into the box while the music still played. Suddenly, I felt a strange yearning feeling.

Like something had put a string inside my chest, and was pulling me towards something. I found myself leaning in towards the music box, and an empty yet needing feeling echoed in my chest.

I put my hand to my chest, and felt that my skin had grown somewhat colder, and the blue flames surrounding my heart started to dim down, like they were burning out.

Is that what was happening? It was dimming out?

If it was, I was in big trouble. For all I know, it might be the only thing that keeps my heart beating and alive.

Panic flooded my mind, and I tried to close the box, but it wasn't closing. "Shit! What do I do?! Ugh!" I clutched my chest in pain as the blue flames nearly vanished.

Maybe that was it! Maybe the yearning feeling was my heart wanting to be out back in my chest, but...

"Well it's that or die!" The pain only grew stronger, and I set the music box down as I gently grabbed my heart, and brought it to my chest.

Like a magnet, it sucked my entire hand and heart inside, and I gasped loudly as my heart was set back into place.

I yanked my hand out without any pain, but soon my skin erupted with a fire-like feeling that sent shivers up and down my spine, causing goosebumps to rise over my skin.

I let out a shaky breath of air, and put my hand over my chest once again. Instead of an empty and hollow space, I could actually feel a heartbeat.

New feelings started flowing through me, and I felt tears rush to my eyes. Longing, sadness, happiness, giddiness, shyness, thankfulness, but most of all, regret blossomed inside.

I got off the bed quickly and onto my feet, and saw something white and fluffy in the bed. It was the white seal Erai had given me.

"Erai..." I said sadly, rubbing the necklace around my neck. "Oh God... I'm so sorry..."

"Hmph, so you're finally back." A voice rang out from behind me, and I turned around and gasped.