Chapter Six

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

-VampireRoses1223

Dragging my body through the door, I dropped the keys on my kitchen table, and lifeless dropped myself on the couch. I could barely keep my eyes open all day, and Kylie often times had to snap her fingers in front of my face to wake me up while I dozed off while leaning against the counter, or even the wall.

And as for Ryan... Well... Let's just say avoiding a co-worker in a rather small coffee cafe is a lot harder (and more painful) than I thought. If even a simple thought of him had driven a wooden stake through my heart, then imagine how hard actually seeing him in person was.

I took hold of the nearest pillow to my head, and hugged it tightly to my aching chest.

Even though I looked and felt like a walking mess, Ryan didn't seem any different. He seemed completely unfazed. Like water under a duck.

I buried my face in the pillow and just concentrated on my slowed and somewhat irregular, broken heart beat. I hated that I seemed to be the only one who cared. The only one who truly cared that the person I had been with for 5 years has suddenly left. Without any explanation either.

Well I suppose his actions were self explanatory... He doesn't want me anymore. He doesn't need me anymore. He doesn't love me anymore.

And just the thought of it was enough to push me to the verge of tears. "Look how stupid you look." I whispered to myself, pushing myself up off the couch. I promised I would forget Ryan Keller. And what does every heartbroken girl need the most? Ben and Jerry's.

I went into the kitchen and opened my freezer, only to find it completely empty. "Oh you gotta be fucking kidding me." I hung my head. "Now the second most delicious thing I ever cared about is gone too."

I bitterly laughed to myself, and ran my hand through my hair, moving it all out of my face. I opened the fridge and saw that it was also almost empty. The only tempting looking food in my almost empty fridge was a little container full of strawberry yogurt. "It's not cookies and cream, but..." I grabbed it and shut the fridge silently, "You'll do."

I sat on the kitchen counter and stared out the window in a dreamy daze and I slowly enjoyed every bite of the cold but smooth strawberry yogurt. Tiny raindrops landed on the window, as the sky darkened and hid the almost setting sun.

The raindrops were the only sound in the big empty house, and for the first time in a long time, I felt truly alone.

"It wasn't very nice of you to throw something this nice away." A voice came from behind me and I dropped the yogurt on the kitchen table as I got up and spun around with wide and terrified eyes.

It was the same man I had run over with my car. It was the same man I gave CPR to. The same man I saved, and the same man I had discovered in my bathtub, completely stark naked. Same pitch black hair, same blue eyes. The only difference now was that this time he was actually fully dressed.

He was leaning against the kitchen entrance, with a mischievous grin on his face and as stared at me with his arms loosely crossed, holding the coin necklace in his hand.

And now the rain wasn't the only sound that echoed throughout the house. My hand that was tightly clutching the spoon now slowly loosened, and the spoon slipped right past my fingers, and fell to the ground with a loud, metallic clang.

But that didn't break our eye contact. I just continued to stare at him in shock, and he eventually pushed against the doorframe and stood on his own.