Chapter Twenty-Seven

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

[Author's Note: I've been getting a lot of questions in how she can still feel if she doesn't have a heart, and also just because her heart is gone it wouldn't do anything because it's the brain that comes up with the chemicals to make those emotions.

First off, uhhh... XD think about it this way, if a smoker quits smoking, doesn't he still have smoker qualities, like coughing? Just because he quit doesn't mean he doesn't still have some familiar qualities he's gotten used to overtime.

And secondly, psh gurls, let me get one thing straight XD if a Djinni actually exists and goes around magically popping around and granting wishes, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO IMAGINE FEELINGS COME FORM THE HEART? XD stupid Disney wore off lol so yep that's it ^~^]

"Beautiful." He said while gazing at me intently. It was quiet between us, and all of a sudden I burst out laughing. "You're so full of crap."

Silence fell between us again, and I just sighed as I stared into the sunset while holding the white seal. "But I'll tell you one thing; this was nice. I mean last time I went to a fair, oy." I said rolling my eyes. "At first I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I guess you've proven me wrong huh?"

I smiled at Erai, but he just looked troubled. He looked at me for a second before averting his gaze down to his lap. "Uh... Are you ok?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"It's not me that you need to be asking." He said as he sighed sadly.

"What do you mean? Then who?" I asked in confusion, and Erai looked over at me with the saddest look in his eyes. "Yourself."

"Myself..? You're not making much sense." I crossed my arms as I leaned back and started gazing at the sky above me. "Well think about it Seren, I think out of the two of us, you're the one who isn't ok."

"What the hell are you talking about Erai? I feel fine. In fact, better than fine."

"My thats the thing Seren, how can you know if you're fine if you can't even feel?" He asked with determination set in his eyes.

"Look, all I know is that I'm fine BECAUSE I can't feel." I said in defense, glaring at him. "And there's nothing wrong with that."

Suddenly Erai grabbed my hand, and gently pressed my palm against his firm chest. "No, you know something IS wrong when you can't feel something as simple as this." He said referring to his heartbeat.

My eyes widened as I stared at him, but then my gaze dropped down to my hand in his chest. I felt his steady heart beat in almost a relaxing rhythm.

"Tell me why you wished for your heart to be removed." He said sternly, and I glared at him while I yanked my hand away. "Huh, what? Do you expect me to spill my feelings?" I sneered. "Take it up with the deadweight in the enchanted box. You are the one who holds it."

"Fine. You don't want to talk? Then I'll wait. After all, we do have all the time in the world." He said as we waved his arm around, gesturing to the world that was frozen around us. "Oh, and plus I still have these." He dangled my keys in front if me.

I crossed my arms as I huffed out in annoyance. I couldn't believe him! Was he seriously going to wait until I started talking?! AND hold my keys hostage?! "Hmph, clever trick." I said as I glared at him. "Now I know why you decided to go in the Ferris wheel."

"Exactly." He smirked down at me. "Now, either you talk and we get this over with, or you sit quietly for the next rest of forever."

I gritted my teeth as I sighed through my nose. "Fine. You don't like what I'm about to tell you, but fine." I snatched the keys back before he could yank them away and stuffed them in my pocket.