Chapter 1

I haven't even finished my first story, and now I'm working on my second one. This one is based on the original novels by Lewis Carol. And yes I said novels. With an S. The common misconception is that everything in the movie is from the one novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. But no... Tweedledee and Tweedledum are from Through The Looking Glass. And other stuff like that. Like the concept of the Unbirthday. And so on. So here it is. My Wonderland. (And if it seems boring or weird at first, I apologize. But I promise it gets better. I write in kind of, small spurts. You just have to trust that it's reached a natural cut off point and continue reading to see what happens next! It will get better! I just ask that you keep reading. I must admit that even I'm not entierly pleased with how it began, but I like where it's going, so please have faith and keep reading.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up. Well sorta... I was so tired I started to fall back asleep. My mom came and opened the door to see if I was up yet.

"ALYSSON! GET UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" She yelled. I grunted in response. "Now! Get your lazy ass up!" she said. I groaned and sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm up, I'm up..." I mumbled. She left the room. I laid back down mumbling under my breath. I sat there for a minute. I couldn't fall asleep last night. I had no idea why. I hadn't done anything unusual. So grudgingly I got up and put on my clothes and eye make up. I never wore any other make-up. I didn't even see eyeliner as an actual make-up. Because I just wasn't a "make-up person" but I wore eyeliner. Every day. Every single day. That was just me. After I was dressed and whatnot I went downstairs into the kitchen. Would I eat breakfast today? Sure. I grabbed a waffle out of the freezer and popped it in the toaster oven. I went over and grabbed the peanut butter. I got a plate and a knife and when the waffle was done, I smeared the peanut butter onto it. It was so good. When I was all done, I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my backpack and left to walk to school.

I was half way there when I saw a boy I had never seen before. He looked about my age. His hair was dyed black and he was wearing a black shirt and gray skinny jeans. That was all I could see of him. He was turned around. For some reason he intrigued me. It seemed like he was searching for something. I quickened my pace and caught up to where he was. "Um... Hey, are you looking for something? Can I uh... Help?" I asked him. He stood up and turned around. He looked at me, intrigued. He had impossibly clear blue eyes. They were like the color of arctic glacier water, but slightly darker. Like the water in the Caribbean, but still different. They were pretty indescribable. The way he was staring at me, like he knew me, was kinda starting to freak me out. I would remember if I had met him before. Those eyes were unforgettable. "Um... Hello?" I ventured again.

"Oh, sorry. I-I-I... It's just that you look so... Familiar. Would your name be Alyss by any chance?" he inquired. That was so weird! How did he know my nickname?! That only my family and very closest friends called me? Everybody else called me Alysson. How would he even know my name at all? Had this guy been following me or something?

"Uh... Yeah, but how did you know that my name was-" I was cut off. Suddenly this boy was kissing me. I was so confused. But I felt like this was what I was supposed to be doing. Like I knew him. Like I REALLY knew him. Like really close. So it wasn't hard for me to get really in to the kiss. I dropped the bag I was carrying and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his hands on the small of my back and pulled my closer. We were up against each other now. Then I remembered something. I didn't even know this guy. Slowly and sadly I pulled away. He still had his hands around my waist. He grinned a huge grin that was composed of pure joy.

"So you remember me," he said in pure bliss. This quite confused me. How would I remember him if I had never met him? I realized I had my hands on his arms. I grabbed them and pulled them away from my body.

"What are you talking about? I've never even met you," I told him. Immediately his face dropped. He seemed so disappointed.

"Oh... I thought you remembered me. It's to bad you don't. It really is. We made a great team," he started reminiscing. It seemed his mind had wandered off into La-La-Land. His sad face started fading into a bitter-sweet smiling face. I felt bad for him.

"Um, am I supposed to remember you?" I asked him like an idiot. This broke him out of his trance. He stopped looking at the ground admiringly and shook his head looking to me. The bitter-sweet smile was still there. It kind of broke my heart.

"Well I suppose I wouldn't expect you to remember it all. It's alright. Something like that isn't something people usually want to remember. It's fine that you don't," he said sweetly, smiling at me. This really confused me. My head was spinning now. I put my face in my hands and shook it. I was almost kinda creeped out. He gently grabbed my hands and pulled them to his chest. He then took his arms and wrapped them around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My hands stayed where they were. He put his hands on my face, cradling it there. His thumbs caressed my cheeks and it felt so good. It made me less worried. "It's alright Alyss. You'll be fine. You don't have to stress so much. It's not that important. It's just me. That's all. Don't worry your pretty head. Everything will be just fine. I'm right here to take care of you," he said soothingly. This whole time we had been looking into each others eyes. I was falling in to fathomless oceans of him. I felt a special connection with this boy. And I didn't even know his name. But I was too in awe to say anything, much less ask what his name was.

"Uh, what-what's your name?" I asked, somehow I had found the will to speak.

He just smiled at me and said, "You don't have to remember right now. Or at all. I'm just glad I got to see you again," he said. And with that, he kissed my forehead and walked away.