Chapter 2- Face remodeling

Start from the beginning

"No problem. Good luck, Kate." Wow, he said it without me asking. Finally!

"Thanks. See you around." He nodded as I turned the key in the ignition. The engine roared to life and I placed the car in gear and drove away.
White
Leaving the airport with ease, I navigated my way through the streets of Los Angeles, California. I cranked up the radio when Maroon 5's girls like you came on. I love that song. Luckily for me, I knew the route to the hospital off the back of my head having travelled on it regularly for the past 5 years. At least, when I had the time to.

I pulled up in the parking lot of St Grace memorial hospital just in time. The building was spectacular and never failed to impress me every time I saw it. Storey upon storey of modern day architectural excellence stood tall and proud. It was hard to believe that this hospital wasn't private. It sure looked like it. To be honest, it was quite intimidating.

Breathe girl, breathe! You got this. You've made it this far.

I've often found myself talking myself through situations and this was one of those times. So, after locking up my car I made my way towards the entrance of my future.

Digging through my purse, I looked for my ID badge. I should never attempt to multitask especially when one of the tasks involved walking. Bad decisions! Oblivious to my surroundings, I lost my sense of direction and found myself hitting the ground hard as I came into contact with what felt like a mountain.

"Shit," I whispered as I felt the subtle pain in my behind. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that my glasses had been knocked out during the minor impact which left me searching for it like a freaking blind bat.

Damn you myopia!

"Woah, babe!" A deep masculine voice let out.

Babe! Seriously! Whatever you cheap flirt. I didn't even bother to see who it was and I certainly didn't care. Where the F were my...

"Here!" The voice said crouching down by my side, handing me my eyes back. Thanks you stupid cheap flirt yet kind stranger.

Why are you still on the floor? You fell, you're not paralyzed.

Ohh well... I slid them on and readied myself to actually thank whoever returned my vision but the appreciation died as soon as that person spoke up again.

"You know, you shouldn't have gone through all this trouble just to get my attention. It was unnecessary babe and really you should give yourself more credit."

What the...ohh this guy was so headed for a face remodelling. Say something again smart ass, I dare you. At that point I was actually considering pouncing on him like a wild animal and clawing his noticably beautiful eyes.

Stop it, Kate.

He stood, extending his hand to help me up. I smacked it away and was met with a smug smile and a faked hurt expression from his side. I got up, by myself. Thank God I decided to wear jeans today. Just imagine this site from a dress, horrific! For me at least, never for the opposite species.

"I'm Tyler by the way," he announced. As much as I hate myself right now for admitting this, and I probably never will ever again because I might never see the dude again, but Tyler was gorgeous. He towered over me, standing at least 6'1" tall, athletic built with light hazel eyes that held you in a trance like state and thick, brown, overgrown hair that seemed to set so effortlessly on top of his head. His effortless style, obvious from his black jeans, Chuck's and plain black tee, was annoyingly admirable.

Just one glance at him would scream alpha play boy. If I were to guess, I'd say that all of these traits gave him imense power over women. Especially those sad, desperate and vulnerable ones. He was probably used to flirting his way in and out of situations.

Listen to me turning all profiler. I tried to ignore the fact that we've been in a staring competition while I was having my inner monologue moment.

"So," he went on having no reply from me, "are you going to tell me you're name or should I just go ahead and start calling you babe from now on."

There was a slim chance of me meeting this guy again so I just rolled my eyes, not wanting to entertain him any longer than I should, and began to walk away.

Yes, you definitely asserted yourself there.

Now was not the time for my subconscious to have me reevaluating my definition of feisty. I swear, I've actually considered the fact that I'm bipolar or have some sort off attention disorder but I'm not, so...

"Woah, woah, woah," my thoughts and my legs stopped when I felt him grab my wrists.

Calm down, Kate. You don't want to go to jail for beating up a stranger.

He caught me off guard when he spun me around to face him. Our faces were so close that I could feel the minty coolness of his breath hit my cheek as he spoke.

"Wanna have lunch with me sometime?" He asked in a low, husky voice that only I could hear. It's not like anyone else was interested in our stop- you- in- your- tracks conversation.

God, I was trying so hard not to unleash my inner ninja and kick this guy in the sacks. I mean, who the hell does he think he is. In an attempt to give him a piece of my mind, I spoke.

"I'd rather eat glass," Yes, that was the best thing that I could come up with okay!

It must've worked because his grip loosened which gave me the chance to free my wrists and walk away, finally realizing that I'm actually late. Damn you, Tyler whoever!

 Damn you, Tyler whoever!