Prologue

Closed doors. Screaming and yelling. Glass shattering and hateful words tossed like candy at parades.

I remember every detail about that day. From the clothes I dressed myself in that morning to the overwhelming look of sadness and disappointment on my mother's face as she watched my dad drive away. I don't think I'll ever forget that day.

Especially since I didn't just lose a dad, but also my sister. My mom got me and my dad took my litter sister Piper. I was 14 and poor Piper was only 8. I haven't seen or heard from her or my dad since he left. My mom might as well have left to since she's now a depressed drunk and I haven't had a real conversation with her in over a year.

I had to grow up to fast and I learned that there's no such thing as love. It's just some made up word that has no meaning. I know I never plan on falling in love. It all ends with heartbreak and tears and being crushed under the feelings of complete disregard of benevolence and betrayal. I'm not going to sign myself up to be broken.

A/N | Here's a little intro to my story! I have loved writing forever and I've decided to start posting the things I write. For now I think I'm going to write the whole thing and then periodically post bits and pieces to the book, unless people start to read it and want me to update on a schedule. I might post the first three chapters so people can see if they want me to post the rest. If you want me to post regularly just let me know by voting or commenting idc honestly, just tell me!
Thanks for reading!💞
- Hannah