Taco Bell & Sleeping Arrangments

Start from the beginning

I blew out some air and swing my bag back over my shoulder, hoping my book doesn't get soaking wet. "Okay, three, two, one," I opened the door and jump out, in seconds I was drenched and I squealed. Thunder booms above us once again making me groan. My hair was drenched. I walked quickly over to the boot once I closed the door and Colby had followed me, he opened the boot.

He opened and got my suitcase out and I quickly grip onto it as it rolls around and he had gotten his suitcase and closed the door. He locked the car itself and I had started to run towards the hotel room, laughing. It was like one of those cheesy movie moments, expect there was no kiss. It was like the Note Book, kind of.

"That was... delightful, wasn't it?" Colby asked as we got under shelter and I let out a big exhale and I turned around to watch the rain that dripped down. I ran a hand through my wet hair, cringing. I hated wet hair.

"I'm all wet." I stated very dumbly, wow I'm captain obvious today, aren't I? "We should probably go inside." He agreed, nodding his head and we enter the lobby, it wasn't warm exactly, but it was better than being outside.

There sat Corey, Devyn, Kat, Sam, Jake, and Aaron, waiting for us. "Where the hell have you two been? You guys looked like a drowned cat." Corey pointed out, I rolled my eyes.

"If you haven't noticed, Cor, it started to rain." I pointed to the outside rain, the majority of my clothes were on me were wet making me feel cold.

"Oh," Corey muttered. "Well, we have our keys and there is two rooms with two beds in each, so..."

"Sam and I will go with Paisley and Colby," Kat volunteered, jumping up from her seat and Sam cast her a look which she clearly ignored and smiled over at me. "Besides, I think we should talk about the recording and I'm sure Sam will want to be with his best friend, right?"

"Right," Sam played along with whatever they're thinking or doing.

"Then that means Jake, Aaron, Devyn and I have a room each," Corey explained, and handed a room key to Sam. I avoided Aaron because I guess I knew that he would be all weirded out of the fact that Colby and I would have to share a bed. Oh, my god, we're going to have to share a bed!

"Wait, hang on-" Aaron tried to object but Kat quickly takes the keys from Sam and walked over to me, grabbing me my the arm and pulling me.

"Room 45, right Corey?" Kat asked, turning her head over the shoulder as we made our way to the elevator.

"Yes!" Sam and Corey call at the same time, I pressed the button to go up, and we waited.

"Aaron's going to be slightly mad that Colby and I are going to be sleeping in the same bed." I told her quietly. "Or, he'll be annoyed, Aaron doesn't get mad. Or worried. That suits him."

"It'll be fine, don't worry," Kat reassured me and the door opened and we piled in. "Can I hear a song, by the way when we get to the hotel? I've been dying to hear since they told me about it."

"Okay, sure." I agreed, Kat had pressed the button to our floor. We soon pile in our room, unlocking it. "I'll be quick, though. I'll sing you one verse of my new song, I wrote in the car so of course it'll be sucky, be warned." She nodded and I got my book out of my bag and thankfully it was dry and we sat on a bed. The hotel room was really nice. "This is the chorus." I inhale, and looked at the words.

"I keep my eyes wide open
Bless the ground, unbroken

I'm about to make it my way

Heaven help me keep my faith

And my eyes wide open."

"That was it?" Kat asked as I had stopped singing. "It's really good, holy crap and you had done that in the car? Does it have a name?"

"Yeah, Eyes Wide Open." I smiled. "I'm still figuring out the tunes and stuff, I haven't sung it out loud yet."

"Oh, I can help you with that, if you want." Kat offered.

"Really?" She nodded and I pursed my lips together. "But seriously, I've been thinking about my career and I kind of want to be a singer. You know, do tours and stuff. When I sung in front of Corey, Devyn, and Colby for the first I felt so... free, so opened and I loved it. I'm so shy and awkward but when I'm singing... I'm a whole different person."

"I say go for it." Kat encouraged me. "With a voice like that, you'll do great things in life, seriously. I'm not even kidding. But hey, don't forget me." She winked and I laughed, shaking my head.

"How could I forget you guys, though." I sigh. "I need a shower," I walk over to my suitcase and grabbed some PJs, knowing we would sleep soon. I then dived through the shower, humming to the new song I had created.