Chapter Fifteen

Beyoncé's POV

I woke up the next morning tired. I didn't know what had happened, but I knew that I was still in last night's clothes. I looked over to see Arielle happily playing with my phone.

"What are you doing, munchkin?" I asked her softly.

"Dada!" She said holding the phone up for me to see. I saw Shawn's face on the screen and shook my head.

My two year old knew how to operate my iPhone. "Did you call him?"

"Yea."

"Did he call you?"

"Yea."

I laughed and reached down to pick her up. I had her back toward me so that I could see Shawn, as well.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said, which caused me to blush a bit.

"Good morning. Did she call you?"

"Yeah. It's cool, though."

"How long ago?"

"Like thirty minutes ago. I was wondering where everyone was."

I smirked. "More than likely, sleep. We're tired."

"From doing nothing."

"Oh. You think we're lazy."

"Just a lil bit."

Ari wouldn't be still in my lap. "You hungry?" I asked her before attacking her face with kisses, causing her to laugh.

"Noooo, Mommyyyy!" She screamed through her laughs.

"No?" I asked while being playfully sad.

Ari looked up at me and kissed my cheek. "I sowwie."

"Y'all are cute," Shawn finally said.

I looked up to see Julian standing in my doorway. I saw that he was holding his hands out for Ari.

"Make sure she doesn't get into anything," I told him.

"Who is that?" Shawn asked.

I looked at him for a moment. "Stop being nosy."

Shawn laughed as I handed Arielle to her brother. Just like she always did, she started torturing him. She was two years old, which meant that she was a little handful. I took it as her being curious, because Julian was the same way, just not as bold with it.

"So..." I said once they were gone.

Shawn leaned back on his couch. "So?"

"What happened last night?"

He laughed. "You haven't seen the pictures?"

I shook my head. "You should. They're cute, actually. But nothing really happened. You came, everybody went crazy, you stuck around me for the night, got drunk, and I brought you home."

"Did you drink?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Nah."

"Awee, that's good!"

Shawn waved me off. "So.."

I laughed. It was obvious that we both wanted to discuss the same topic, but how does one go about it? I think Shawn was merely cautious, because I could flip flop in different ways. He didn't truly know how I felt, and that was probably scary for him.

"I want to start over," I told him.

"Start over?" He asked while sitting up.

"Yes. We met at the birthday party, and everything just happened. Then five years later, we didn't date. I broke up with my boyfriend and had sex with you. We didn't date. We got to know one another in a friendship and marriage. We need...we need to take it slow."