Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Song Cry

Beyoncé's POV

Smiling, I helped Arielle into her coat. It was chilly outside, but I needed to take her over Shawn's house. I had already called to let him know what today was, and he insisted on coming to pick her up. I was already leaving the house, so why not?

"You ready to see Daddy?" I asked her as I pinched her cheeks. Arielle cheesed as she held her two tiny hands up to her face to cover her eyes.

"Julian, I'm ready to go!" I called from downstairs. I don't know why he was up those stairs trying to get extra fresh. Do people still say that?

"Coming!" He yelled back.

"Now!"

I had the truck in the driveway already on so that it would be warm by the time we got inside of it. I saw him coming down the stairs in jeans and a crew neck and simply shook my head.

"You're going to freeze."

"No I'm not," he told me.

I didn't say anything back. He left to get in the truck, and I locked the house up and went to put Ari in her car seat. We drove to Shawn's house.

"You getting out?" I asked Julian.

"Uh...no. It's cold out there," he replied.

"I told you," I mumbled before getting Ari out along with her bag. I went to the door and knocked.

Shawn opened the door with a smile. He removed Ari from my hands and began immediately talking to her.

"I just changed her diaper before I left. She's already ate, but she may want a snack," I told him, giving him the usual run down.

Shawn laughed at me. "I got it, Bey. Is Julian ready for today?"

I smirked. "He doesn't know."

"Ah. You're a good parent."

"Only good?" I frowned.

Shawn waved me off. "Are you picking her up tonight or..?"

"Do you want me to?"

"It doesn't matter to me. She can stay if you want."

"She's your daughter, as well, Shawn."

"Stop being difficult. Just let me know, okay?"

"Alright," I said before leaning in and kissing Arielle's chubby cheeks.

"Tell Mommy bye," Shawn told her as he took her bag from me.

Ari waved at me before leaning her head on her father's shoulder.

"Bye Shawn," I said as I turned to leave.

"Bye Third Ward Trill," he replied, causing me to laugh hard. I didn't reply to that, I simply left. I needed to make sure that I was on time for this.

"You took a long time," Julian commented once I got in the truck.

"Mind ya business, little grasshopper," I told him as I continued to drive.

"We're going to see Dad?" He asked once he caught on to where I was going.

"Yep."

We didn't go our normal route once we got there. I parked in the front and simply waited.

"We getting out here?" Julian asked.

I laughed. "Hold on," I said as I pulled out my cell phone to save me some time.