Chapter 6

The last thing Peter expected when stepping out onto the back porch was getting dive bombed by an almost two and a half foot owl, and that was only considering the height of the owl. Peter hadn't properly measure the creatures wingspan yet.

Peter was caught in an off balance step causing both him and the owl to fall onto the wooden floor of the porch.

Blinking away the sudden daze of the attack, he noticed his second owl, Leia, now sitting on his head. Vader clung to Peter with his wings stretched out slightly, it was still enough to cover the upper half of Peter's body.

Leia pecked Peter's nose with an angry glare, 'We heard about the attack! You couldn't have hurried in getting back here?'

It was a little after noon when Peter, Tony, and Heartstring got a portkey set up. "Hey this was as soon as we could make it, we were late getting to the portkey this morning and had to wait for another to be set up," he lightly started petting Vader.

The dark owl looked at him with the most frightening glare he'd ever seen, but it was hard to take the expression to heart when the worry and relief Peter could sense from the creature was overwhelming. 'I had insisted on numerous attempts to fly to the location of the cup but Leia refused to let me go!'

'Because I told you he'd be back, I just didn't think you'd take so long,' Leia pecked Peter's nose again.

"Hey, I'm back now aren't I?" Peter said trying to calm the worried owls.

'From this moment on, I will be accompanying you on all of your journeys,' Vader insisted, there was no room for argument in his tone.

'Peter, I love you and all, but that sounds exhausting,' Leia hopped off Peter's head, fluttering up to the railing of the porch.

'If my memory is correct, you also proposed the same idea,' Vader commented. Peter noticed that the large owl was probably not going to be moving from his spot any time soon. Peter gently started moving his arms to silently coax Vader into folding his wings up, Peter wrapped his arm around the clinging owl as he sat up.

'Well then your memory is not correct!' Leia said quickly. 'Peter's a wizard he can take care of himself,' She huffed.

Now standing with his arms wrapped around Vader, Peter walked over to where Leia perched. "What's wrong with showing you care? You already said you love me," Peter lightly stroked the soft feathers on her chest.

'Owls are not supposed to act like guard dogs, we deliver mail,' She leaned down to lightly nibble on Peter's finger.

'I am a multi purpose owl,' Vader said turning his head to look up at Leia. 'I can confidently say that I have the ability to hunt wolves.'

Peter just furrowed his brow with a frown as he looked down at Vader, "Why would I need to hunt wolves?"

'People are the size of wolves,' Vader said with a deadly seriousness that was kinda scary.

"Um, ok then," Peter was a little speechless, "Let's not hunt people."

Vader let out a faint sigh, 'If you insist.' Peter ignored the fact that he sounded disappointed.

The three of them turned their heads towards the sound of the sliding door opening. Tony stood there leaning out the porch door. "Hey kiddo, what's going on?"

"Well I just found out Vader can hunt wolves," Peter said surprised, "And said that wouldn't be much different than hunting people..."

'I do not want to hunt people, I am merely stating the fact that I could assist during a time you might be attacked,' Vader said matter of factly.