Prologue

Moonlight poured onto the grass as Pinestar carefully edged the scent trail toward the end of the undergrowth, his deputy not far behind. He halted as the smoky stench of the Thunderpath stopped them in their tracks. They paused, idly waiting for the moment to cross. A gap between monsters soon came and he dashed right through, barely being caught on the tail. The monsters roared by, leaving strong gusts of wind and carrying the awful smell, the deputy soon following. 

     Pinestar and his deputy padded, keeping himself low to a crouch as they ran through the bushy undergrowth and tall trees. The warm newleaf scent calmed them as they raced through the forest, slowly the trees seemed to fade away behind them as the musty ravine gap stretched before him. He slid down, rocks stubbing his way to the bottom.

Pinestar and his deputy calmly padded into the Mothermouth, spiked rocks pointed out from the floor as it got darker and darker. They walked in utter and cold darkness and their pads felt stingy.

     "It's been a long time since I've been here." The deputy said, her raspy voice calm. Pinestar turned his head. "Not since you became a warrior, Ambergaze." Their quiet whispers fell silent as they took a turn and approached the moonstone. "I shall speak to StarClan now. Alert me if you see trouble." He laid his head to rest and quickly fell asleep as warm forest scents entered his mind.

     Pinestar opened his eyes to find a silvery forest with gleaming moonlight roaming and pouring onto the long strands of grass. A starry she-cat approached him. "It is good to see you, son." she said, sitting. Pinestar dipped his head in greeting. "Our prey is filling and we are all healthy, but I feel something keeps looming about in out territory.."  The she-cat stood up."Pinestar," the she-cat continued, "You must accept the one he sees. That is what I shall tell you." The she-cat walking away. 

Pinestar blinked, finding himself at the weak looming light of the cold cave. "What have you seen? Ambergaze calmly asked. Pinestar looked up at her. "My mother came to tell me this: 'You must accept the one he sees'.." 

They padded back through the bushy forest, stopped by the Thunderpath stench. They waited for cars to pass for quite a while before Pinestar became fed up with how long is seemed to be taking. Without thinking, he dashed through the Thunderpath as a powerful force slammed into him. Blood trickled down his face as he coughed it up, his eyes glazing over as he lost his final life.