Phantom and Night chap 5

Start from the beginning

It hurts! Wincing I look up at the tall muscular man.

"Human prey!" He whistles loudly hurting my ears from the high pitch sound. Who..? He was shirtless and tanned. A muscled man with golden eyes. I wince again as he lifts me off my feet and my eyes widening further when I saw two wolves.

Wolves?! Huge ones!

No.. They'll eat me! I was so frightened that it didn't quickly register to me. That the man holding me transformed into a huge brown wolf.

This is a dream right?!

He threw me on the snow and I slid down. He pounced at me and I braised myself for my death that never came.

I felt nothing. What?

When I open my eyes. I heard screams of pain. I quickly got up and what I saw, left me speechless. I think blood left my face but it's as if what I saw was a normal thing. I wasn't disgusted as Liam lifted the brown wolf effortless and spun him by his tail. Throwing him by the tall trees. The wolf whimpered and screamed in agony as he hit the tree and shifted back into a human. The other two wolves were bloody as they shifted back as well. All three of them had bite marks on their neck making them squirm and cry out in agonizing pain. I stared at Liam who didn't face me. He has blood on his mouth that drips over his chin. It was not his blood. He spits it out and the scarlet color mixes with the white snow. He has fangs that turn back to his normal teeth in seconds.

He's.. a Vampire?

Those were real then? But.. Why am I not that shocked? Instead I steady myself and approach him slowly. He steps back and turn his back from me. Wiping the blood off his chin using his sleeve. I pull his hand and he faces me. I eyed him and saw him, unharmed and I was relieved. His eyes were red like the blood he tasted then it turned back to hazel after few seconds and he pulled me in his arms.

"Warren." He said my name quietly under his breath as he hug me tight. He was shaking as if he was cold but he was not. Rather. He looked scared to death.

"You're not disgusted by me right?" He mutters against my ear and I shake my head. He tightens his hold on me and speaks again.

"You're not afraid?" I shake my head and push away from him and he meet my eyes. Shaking my head again.

"Thank you." He said sounding relived as he kisses my head and I move away when he did. Cupping the place where he just kissed me. My cheeks blushed and I walk away fast hearing him chuckle.

"Warren wait!" He caught up on me.

"Why did you leave?" His voice came out serious but still quiet. I stop from walking and look down.

"Don't you want to stay with me? I want you to stay so please do. Even if you don't. The Vampire Council will look for you because no human can know about us or they'll behead you." He said with a mocking smirk. Tsk, this kind jerk. I glared at him and shake my head. I can't stay. I need to find my mother. As if I can tell him that.

"I apologize. I can't force you to stay if you don't want too but.. won't you? For me? It's only been two days but.. I really need you. I don't go under my pride. Especially not to a human but Warren." My eyes widen when he kneels before me. Taking my hands in his cold ones.

What the heck is he doing?

"Stay. Don't leave me. I promise to protect you with all my life. I need you. I need you with me please!" He doesn't really need to tell me. I can feel it. Sighing without a sound. I pull my hands off his hold and walk behind him. He looked puzzled but he laughs when I jump on his back and he carried me effortlessly. He then stands with me on his back. Adjusting my weight on him. It felt weird but I really feel comfortable with Liam.