Archie 4 - Consequences

Start from the beginning

"What."

"Archie. Everyone knows what happened between you and Eleanor at the swimming hole." realisation came over his features and he looked down.

"She told."

"She had no choice."

"There is always a choice, it was one night."

"I know that, she knows that but it's far more complicated." She slid the letter over

"She can explain why, just read it, it's important." Archie took out the letter.

Dear Archie...

You're probably wondering and might be angry that you now know everyone knows about one night of weakness. Please believe me when I say when I made that pact with you that morning, I had no intention of telling anyone, but it all became complicated a month later when one little test changed everything. The test if you haven't guessed was a pregnancy test.

I sat in the school bathroom praying that sleeping with my best friend and my friends boyfriend hadn't just created a huge complication to the pact. It did and suddenly I had this little person growing inside of me, they didn't have a face, or a body, or a gender , or even a name but I went to have a ultrasound to confirm the positive and I fell in love with this little dot.

From then on I kept it a secret only four people knew that there was a little one growing inside of me. Even now barely a month on I still don't know how I kept it a secret, how I kept us a secret, but it wasn't meant to last others found out. But that is a story for another time. I tried to keep your name out of it but with hair like yours it's not that hard to put two and two together. Only four figured it out but the rest didn't know until after I gave birth.

This letter is supposed to be a explanation and letter to inform and a reason for hope. Which I hope it is because I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you in there.

Attached is one of the first pictures of your daughter. Her name is Charlotte Mary Andrews.

I know you are where you are but if you agree your mum will help me get your name on her birth certificate when I go to register, apparently its complicated but whatever. I know when you come out there will be a lot to answer for but, stay strong not only for yourself and your family but for your daughter, because I will tell her every day what a great person you are and how you were wrongly accused, one day I know you will get to see her.

Stay strong Archie

Love

Eleanor

Archie looked back in the envelope and pulled out a small picture, tears slowly rolled down his face as he delicately touched the picture of the little face.

"She looks like me." he commented and Mary smiled. "She said she didn't tell anyone. Other than four people."

"Yeah, Cheryl, Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs, and they found out in one way or another and they protected her and supported her. You remained mostly a secret until Charlotte was born. Eleanor knew she had to come clean."