Chapter 30: Christmas Together

Start from the beginning

"Real quick, Black or White?" He asked quickly over the phone.

"Uhhh Black like my heart" you shrugged confusion on your face.

"Hank I found it!" You heard Connor's voice on the other side of the phone.

"What are you guys doing?" You asked curiously as you heard chattering of many voices in the background muffled by Christmas music and bells.

"Uhhh shopping bye" Hank blurted out hanging up the phone abruptly.

"He hung up on me!" You huffed "how rude..." you set your phone down and got up to get a snack but stopped mid step.

"Wait...what day is it?" You wondered as you checked the calender.
"Oof it's getting close to Christmas. That explains it" you stated realizing you have no tree.

"Well I guess I should go shopping again" You shrugged grabbing your keys saying good bye to Teddy.

~~~

You walk through the front door to see Connor and Hank talking on the couch and Hank sipping some coffee.

They both turned to look at you "Hey guys" you greeted smiling at them.

"Fuck!" Hank bolted up and ran over to some bags on your dining table trying to hide them from you.

Pretending you didnt see you pointed to outside "Can I get some help? I bought a tree" you tell them.

"Yeah I'll help" Hank replied and gestured for Connor to hide the bags as you both left to go outside.

Moments later you came into the house carrying a medium sized box and Hank carried a box of ornaments.

"What's those for?" Connor asked when he walked into the room.

"Christmas decorating obviously" Hank stated sighing at the android.
"Let's get started" you smiled to yourself as you opened the box.

Connor stood off to the side watching you and Hank open the boxes.
You and Hank set up the tree that already had pre hung lights on the branches and turned it on.

"Pretty..." Connor whispered to himself as he looked at what you thought was the tree.
"Connor wanna help?" You asked the android as you started to take out ornaments.

You hung some up and he helped as well, meanwhile Hank was cleaning up dropped fake pine needles.

"Stupid fucking plastic" Hank grumbled as he vacuumed.
"TRIGGERED" you shouted jokingly at Hank startling him a bit.

"What the hell" he grumbled looking at you confused "You said fucking plastic that shall not be used in this household" you told him in a joking manner remembering how him and Gavin called Connor a plastic prick.

After the tree was decorated you turned it on and each ornament glitter in the pretty light with a beautiful light up star on the top tying the tree together.

"Nice job kids" Hank praised you both smirking to himself and patting you both on the back.

"I like it" you smiled in pride of your work.
"Me too" Connor said and you perked up remembering something else you bought.

Looking at you in question the boys watched you as you grabbed a small bag pulling out two red and white collars in different sizes that had bells on the rim.

"For Sumo and Teddy" you explained as you handed the bigger one to Hank and placed the smaller one onto little Teddy.

"Awww little Teddy bear and his little bells..." you gushed quietly to yourself as you held the puppy close to you.