Chapter 28: Feelings Are Weird

Start from the beginning

"Just click the box Connor, your fine" you tell him and start to walk away.
"But I am a android though, so would that be lying?" He asks as his eyes never leaves the screen.

"Just click it! It's supposed to protect your privacy that's all" you yelled from the other room as you played games on your phone.

"Oh, Thank you!" He called back from the other room.

~~~

You were chilling in your room enjoying your evening when Connor walked in with Teddy at his feet.

"(Y/n) do you have any social media?" He asked as he stood next to your bed with his smartphone in his hand.

"Yeah, why?" You asked glancing over curiously. "I got a Instagram and I wanted to follow you" He replies and showed you his new profile which had no photos posted and no icon.

"CoinFlipsAndTricks800?" You read his username aloud looking at him confused.
"Hank helped me come up with it" He replied sheepishly.

"Alright, here's my Instagram" you tell him your username and you both follow eachother back.

"Don't you need a profile photo?" You asked. "I'd like to, but I don't have any photos in my phone yet" He says showing you his empty gallery.

"I gotchu" you say as you grabbed his phone and took a picture of both of you together. You were smiling while he looked into the camera with confusion on his face.

You edit the photo and add a filter before cropping it and setting it as his icon before handing it back to him.
"There you go" you tell him as he looked at the photo of both of you.

He stays silent looking at the photo and smiling.

He glances over at you hesitantly before opening his mouth to speak "Remember what we were talking about earlier with Emotions and Feelings?" He reminded you.

"Yeah, what about it?" You glanced at him in wonder of where this is going.
"I don't know much about feelings and emotions but I would like you to teach me...and maybe about love?" he says and adds "Can you teach me to feel real?"

Taken aback you processed his words before smiling and saying "Of course Anything for you bud" you pat him on the back in a friendly way.

"I'll get back to you on this alright? I'm gonna turn in early alright?" You tell him and he gets up nodding "Of course, have a good night (Y/n)..." He gives you a small smile before exiting the room leaving you alone.

~~~

You slammed down a small stack of papers and books on the coffee table in front of Connor as he sat on the couch startling him.

"What's all of this?" He asked sitting up while wearing a grey sweater.
"Remember you wanted me to help you understand emotions and all that junk?" You reminded him.

"Yeah I asked you three days ago..." he replied looking at you confused as to why your bringing this up now.

"Well I finally figured out how to explain it in a way that makes sense and help you learn how to feel" You say confidently patting yourself on the back.

"Have you been researching this entire time?" He questioned surprised and you nodded "Yup! I had to balance it with work though" You told him smiling in triumph.

"Alright, where do we start?" He asks staring at the materials you have on the table.

"Let's start with the basic emotions instead of the complex ones" you tell him grabbing some papers.

"Complex ones?" He questioned confused "Yeah...There are some complex ones that even i can't explain" You admitted.

"Basic ones are Happiness, Sadness Anger, Disgust and Fear" You tell him the first emotions that come to mind.