"He did," Mia confirms with a smirk.

"I can't believe it."

"Well, you better believe it because it happened and I saw it with my own two eyes."

"I thought it was all part of a dream."

"Nope. It was real," Mia reassures me with a smile and I just nod and eat my pancakes in silence while thinking over everything Mia just revealed to me.

"Did he tell you anything when he left?" I ask her out of curiosity.

"No. He just told me goodnight and left."

"Oh...," I respond, feeling disappointed.

"Are you kidding me right now? You should be jumping with joy. He kissed you on the forehead, Alexa. That's like one of the sweetest, most romantic things a guy can do," Mia tells me and I smile but I don't feel as enthusiastic about what happened as she does. Guys kiss girls on the forehead all the time. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

"It's sweet and romantic but I feel like it doesn't mean anything special."

"It means he likes you."

"He does not."

"He does too! I mean he already tried kissing you, did he not?" she reminds me and I nod. He also did tell me he likes me, but maybe he likes me more as a friend. A forehead kiss doesn't really mean anything, does it?

"Yeah, so?!"

"He also invited you to hang out with his friends last night," she presses and I nod. "And he's made it more than obvious he likes you, so stop being a Negative Nancy and just kiss the man already. You know you want to."

"I do," I admit. "I'm scared though."

"I get it. Your first kiss can be scary, but don't let your doubts and insecurities hold you back from something you really want."

"What if I suck."

"Let Nate take the lead. Guy's love that."

"I'm sure Nate would love to be in charge," I say and feel my cheeks blush at the thought. I may not know Nate all that well, but I can totally imagine him placing his hand on my cheek and initiating the kiss and taking the lead, and honestly, I like the sound of that.

"Just do it. Don't think about it."

"Easy for you to say. You're way past your first kiss."

"Are you calling me a whore?"

"No! God, no!" I stammer and she laughs.

"Relax, I was just kidding," she reassures me. "But if you really feel like you're not ready, then don't rush it. The last thing I want is for you to feel pressured. Just wait until you feel the time is right."

"How do you even know when the time is right?"

"You just know. Trust me."

I nod my head and mull over her words as I eat in silence when I hear someone knock on the door.

"That's probably Matt. He's supposed to come over today," Mia says excitedly and practically runs for the door. "Alexa, it's for you," Mia whisper yells.

I walk into our living room and see that she still hasn't opened the door. "Who is it?"

"Who do you think?" she retorts.

"I don't know."

"It's Nate, you dummy," Mia tells me with a laugh and I immediately panic because I'm still in last night's clothes.