Friends?

A lot of people were looking at a big board some girls were decorating that said 'Family dance it's a homecoming but with your family'. 'This needs to happen when I'm here' I rolled my eyes as I thought to myself.

Later on Adam and I arrived to the house. "How was it?" "Tiring" I replied to mom as I jumped on the couch. "Oh don't get to comfortable because your dad wants to see you in the office" I stood up groaning. I softly knock "Wanted to see me?" "Ah yes, how's the new school?" "Honestly it's not that bad but—" "but there's always a but" he said standing up. I looked away. "What is it kiddo" "it's Darin and Shanina, I thought that a new school would bring us closer but it didn't" he didn't say anything he just hugged me. I went out of the office to find Adam."So have you told your dad about the dance" "no I rather not go" "are you kidding?" He said surprised "in school that's a big dance for every girl". I kinda took it into consideration so the next day I put the flyer on his desk. Father daughter dance, "I'll go" "are you sure?" "Yes, when is it? "In two weeks plus maybe next week after that I'll have a presentation on the school theater". "So many things already".

"Mom?". "Your dad told me about the dance. We have to pick your dress"....

Next Day...

"Should I wear red or bubble gum pink to the dance" Betty saqid looking away as we were passing the school hallway "pink looks better on you" I said "Your right" she said nodding "Coincidently my mom bought me a red dress" Cheryl said "what about you Adriana? What are you wearing" they ask sucking to their lollipops "the dance is in two weeks plus I'll wear whatever mom picks, my dads going" they widened their eyes and sighed. "Cool" they both said at the same time.

We saw Adam at the end of the hallway. He waved at me. "Only a week a school and you two already are the power couple" Betty stated "He's the most popular guy here, your dating the captain of the football team" Cheryl added.

We stayed quiet. Darin and Shanina were on the back of the cafeteria and I saw Shanina standing up. "Girls I'll be right back" I followed her to the bathroom. "What are you doing in here, get out" she said "what did I ever did to you?" I asked saddened "Look at you hanging with them". "What do you mean" "Adriana we can't hang I mean look at us" she said comparing herself to me "is best if we avoid each other as much as possible" "Bu-But what about Darin" "the same since we saw each other" "I have to go" I said as I stormed out the bathroom...
———————————-
A short one today!