A fresh start

Before we start I have a question, what is Ethan and Mika's ship name? Is it mikthan? Eika? Methan? I have no clue :) I hope you enjoy my story! Not everything is based off facts just Incase you guys think it is.

Ethan's pov

Saying goodbye to Shelby and Parker was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, I've known Shelby ever since kindergarten, I met parker in first grade. And now I'm starting freshman year in a completely new state, California. They say California is the place where dreams come true but from what I've heard so far, people get crushed there, they change. I'm really not looking forward to this.

I gather my things and head downstairs. "We're leaving in a half hour, go over to Shelby's for a while. I'll call you when we're ready and remember. Under no circumstances must you use your powers. I can't risk you getting taken away." My mom informs me.

I was fourteen when I discovered I had powers, I got into a huge argument with my dad, I began to clench my fist and things just started levitating. At the time I didn't notice but afterwards I was completely freaked out. My dad called my mom and brought me into the living room to chat about it. They know about my powers my whole life but never mentioned it to me. I began spending time learning about my powers and how to control it. My mom thought it was getting out of hand and we needed a fresh start, that would explain why I'm moving to California.

I head out the door and hop the wall into Shelby's garden. Shelby was also my next door neighbor, I was terrified walking up to her door. "Come In Ethan!" Shelby's mom shouts. I open the door and walk in getting a good look at Shelby's house for the last time. Shelby rushes down the stairs hugging me as tight as she could with tears streaming down her face followed by her boyfriend Parker who happened to be my best friend.

"I wish you didn't have to go." Shelby's muffled voice spoke softly. Shelby and Parker had no idea why I was going, I wasn't allowed to tell them. I hugged her back. "Me too."

"It's going to feel weird not having you here dude, I'm going to miss you a lot." Parker said. We all sat on the floor in Shelby's hallway while having a big group hug. I didn't want to let go, not now, not ever. "Ethan, we hope you'll be back to visit us!" Shelby's mom appeared from the living room.

"Of course!" I smiled pulling her in for a hug. Shelby's mom was like a second mom to me. She was always there for me, she knew things my mom didn't even know. Like the time I had a massive crush on this girl in my grade. Ellie also moved away, that was one of the saddest days of my life. I'll never forget the time we kissed under the bridge.

"You know, we could just keep you under josh's bed and say you died or something." Shelby's dad joked. "I wish." I laughed. Josh was Shelby's older brother. He hated me for a while, he thought I had a crush on Shelby but he didn't seem to understand that Shelby was like a sister to me. I wouldn't never date my sister. Josh is gone to collage now, he is also in California. Maybe I'll come across him one day.

I get a phone call from my mom indicating it's time to go. I'm really going to miss everyone.

Time skip

That plane ride was the longest. I was practically shaking stepping off the plane, I was so nervous to start over. I don't want to leave everyone behind. We make our way out to our new car and begin to drive. I have no idea how long the car ride is going to be, our house is close to the middle of L.A. I really didn't know much about L.A other that it's the place where "dreams come true" for some reason I heights doubt that. And what sucks the most is I start school tomorrow. I don't even get any time to settle in.

I prayed my acne wouldn't brake out again seeing as I was overly stressed. My acne was always bad, it made me so insecure. "You ready for school." My mom said trying to make conversation. "I guess so." I sighed. This really sucked. I didn't want to go at all. "Just please don't use your powers Ethan, you don't know what people are like here!" I rolled my eyes out of anger. "I'm not going to, why would I? I just want to go home and sleep." My mom gave me a grin. "Everything will be okay." She said putting her hand in my knee as my dad drove.