A NEW LIAISON AND A NEW AGREEMENT

Начните с самого начала

"Without the kidnapping part, I hope," Mark cracked a joke.

Mearing gave him a look, clearly showing that she didn't find anything about that part funny. He straightened a bit, and she simply shook her head. "Don't try to make light of things like that around me," Mearing finally replied. "This war isn't a game, kid. I take the fate of every one of our race and theirs very seriously," Mark chewed his lip. "Alright, enough of this jibber-jabber, we have a lot to talk about in your office, Optimus." She noted. "Let's go."

As Mearing and Optimus left without another word, Mark sighed. She definitely seemed much better than Coulton, but her whole stoic and professional attitude would take some getting used to. "Well then, she's... Something else," He commented as Hound approached him calmly. "I kinda like her attitude though, the whole take-charge, no-nonsense thing is kinda badass." He admitted.

Hound chuckled deeply, and carefully scooped Mark up. "Yes, Charolette Mearing is indeed something else," Hound replied honesty. "I only knew her three months before NEST resolved, but she is a good woman." He also insisted. "She just wants to make sure ye know her rules. She's far more fair than Coulton, she'll give ye a good chance."

"I hope so," Mark admitted. "I think I'd be really afraid to get on her bad side."

"That, you should be," Hound admitted.

Mark had a feeling he wouldn't have much to worry about, though.

...

The next time that Mark was called into the main hangar, he felt tense. He had only left with Hound three hours ago to watch a movie in the rec room, given it was their usual movie night. But he still did as he was asked, entering the main hangar where he found that Optimus was waiting for him. He was not surprised by the mech's presence, given it was usually him that sent for Mark at times like these. Saluting the mech half-hazzardly, he stared up at the supreme commander carefully. "Hey, Optimus," Mark began, going at ease as he was motioned to do so. "What did you need me for?"

Optimus was silent for a long moment, but eventually his optics traveled down to him. "I apologize for the late hour at which I called you here," He finally spoke up. "But I knew that you would be with Hound, and I did not wish to interrupt that. Alone time is, after all, precious for you and your foster sire," Mark nodded, thankful that Optimus understood that.

"So what do you need, big guy?" Mark asked, his eyes traveling up to him. "Did I do something wrong with Mearing?"

Optimus laughed a little, shaking his head. Mark was thankful for that, just as he was thankful he hadn't seemingly been in trouble with Optimus before. "Not at all, as usual, you were well-behaved," Optimus replied honestly, his optics staring off into space. "Mark, I want to speak to you on a very pressing matter." Mark cocked his eyebrows a little at that. "Your upcoming adoption by Hound."

Mark's eyes widened. "Dad told you about that?"

"He did," Optimus nodded in response. "But for good reason, because of what this will no doubt mean," He told him, which seemed to put Mark at ease. "As Hound's officially adopted creation, this will mean that you will no longer just be human. You will legally and officially be a part of the Autobot faction," He then added. "As is every sparkling or youngling adopted into our ranks."

"You mean there'd be nothing "honorary" about it?"

Optimus shook his head, which made Mark stunned. He didn't know Cybertronian laws well, but it did make sense. Being the child of an Autobot did undoubtedly mean that you were now an Autobot too. Unless for some reason down the line you turned your back on them. "You are a member of the Autobots in my optics. But you will then be in the eyes of your human leaders as well," He explained. "I do not believe I need to tell you what this entails, but I still will," He crouched low, staring at Mark. "You will be more open to the secrets that we have kept hidden due to your overall neutrality in the war."

"You mean the restricted areas?" Mark asked. "On our side anyway," Optimus nodded in response. "Are you sure that it's a good idea to give that kind of access to a kid? Wouldn't the government, y'know, flip out?"

Optimus shook his head, his optics locking with Mark's. "It is part of our agreement with the government that only Autobots have access to this information. But I will warn you of the repercussions of this as well," He explained, his optics softening. "You will see things that no other human sees. And with good reason, as it would no doubt bring countless destruction. Weapons mostly, but information as well." He then explained. "If you are truly ready to become one of us, then I must have your word... That this will be for your eyes only," He then added. "You would be the first human we entrusted to see this information, the only human thus far."

Mark rubbed his arm gently, unsure of how to reply to that. Of course, all the Autobot's secrets were safe with him. But even so, the idea of keeping such massive secrets from everyone else was intimidating. "I promise, Optimus," Mark finally managed. "You guys have kept your word with me, and I'll do my best to return the favor. It's because of you guys that I'm even getting a family again," He the explained. "And family helps each other out. They don't betray them."

Optimus smiled, impressed yet again by how mature the words the boy said were. He nodded his head, his trust in the boy growing more with the statement. "I am thankful that yet again you prove your loyalty," Optimus explained as he stood to his feet yet again. "I believe your words, Mark Savoy. And trust that you will be worthy of knowing our secrets," He explained. "But until the time of your adoption, these secrets must still be kept from you. Lest the government have reason again to believe we are planning something."

"Of course," Mark nodded his head slowly. "It's kind of exciting actually, I bet you guys do have some wicked cool devices," Mark inwardly laughed at himself, having used Alexis's trademark phrase. "Optimus?" The Prime stared intently at him. "Are you really okay with that? Y'know, Hound adopting me? Me becoming a full-fledged Autobot in my own right? All of it?"

Optimus's smile only widened, as if the answer were obvious. "To me, you are already one," Optimus explained, his words filled with honesty. "I believe you have earned the right to be adopted by Hound. And therefore, the right to call us your comrades. Your family as you put it," He explained, his optics twinkling slightly. "Do not prove me wrong, Markus."

"I won't."

Optimus nodded his head, and then put his hands on his hips. "We shall discuss this further when your adoption date arrives," He finally added, taking a deep breath. "For now, I have work to return to and you have a recharge time to adhere to." Mark rubbed his eyes, realizing it was getting late now. "Do not think too hard on this subject. You have nothing to worry about, as long as what you say is truthful," He explained.

"I know," Mark replied with a nod. "Goodnight, Optimus."

"Goodnight, my young friend."

As he started towards his room, he could already tell this adoption thing was going to be far more complicated than he expected.