nine 🥀

Day 341

The five-year-old Harry was sitting on the rock after their classes that afternoon. Pouting, his hands under his chin. Zayn was busy drawing on his notebook, aware of Harry's sudden change of mood.

"What makes you so sad, baby H?" Zayn asked, still drawing on his notebook. Harry huffs.

"Is my hair ugly?" Harry pouts at his own question. Zayn stopped what he's doing and frowned at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Is my hair ugly?" Harry repeated himself.

"No. It's very beautiful. I love your curls." Zayn admitted, ruffling his curly locks. But Harry didn't seem to cheer up by that.

"Why were you asking?" Zayn asked.

"My mom told me that I need a haircut. But I don't want to." He whined.

"Did she tell you why you need a haircut?" Zayn asked again.

Harry nodded. "Because my hair is already getting on my face and mom doesn't like it." He mumbled sadly. Looking at his shoes.

Zayn did realize that and thought for a moment. He doesn't want Harry to have a haircut. He likes Harry's hair down. And he loves to play with his hair whenever he can.

An idea popped upon his mind and he smiled proudly. "I know a way for you to not get a haircut." He exclaimed.

Harry frowned, and looked up at him. "How?"

Zayn smiled at him as he pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket and folded it in two, before lining it on Harry's head, just at the top of his forehead. Harry was waiting for him to finish and was giggling on how close Zayn's face is to him. Zayn was busy tying both ends at the back of Harry's neck.

"There. Now your hair won't get to your face anymore. You can tell your mom that you don't need a haircut." He beamed proudly. Such a very smart kid.

"I can't do this by myself, Zaynie. I don't know how." Harry smiles as he traces his fingers on Zayn's handkerchief on his head.

"I'll do it for you every time, don't worry," Zayn stated, making Harry jumped in joy.

Harry hugs him, "I love you, Zaynie."

Zayn chuckles down at him. "I know."

×××

Day 456

Harry happily puts the flower crown on his head, made by his best friend, Veronica. It was summer and the kids were out for the park.

"You look pretty, Harry," Veronica said, as she puts her own flower crown.

"I am a pretty boy." He started giggling. Niall walked to them, munching on his chips.

"Wow, you both look pretty. You look like little brides." Niall commented, sitting on the grass. Veronica giggled at the compliment but Harry stayed quiet as he doesn't know what the bride is.