The hilt sticks out, just begging you to grab it. You press your palm on it, then grip it and slowly pull it out. The metal is almost blinding against the light, but very clearly you can see the tiny letters that spell out:

for my precious (y/n)

It makes you question who (y/n) really is. She must be very important.

You look at the knife and something bubbles inside you. It makes you grip the hilt until your knuckles turn white and something catches in your chest. It feels like anger, but this has more determination. You whisper to yourself, "I am going to find you, Anti. And I will bring you back."

You meet the doctor downstairs, and you see him standing at the large double doors with some sort of satchel. Must be his doctor's kit. He also holds a scarlet fabric draped in his arms.

When he sees you, he looks at what you're wearing and nods in approval. Then he hands you the fabric. "Wear this," he says.

"What is it?"

"A cloak. On our way here I'd think it's best to wear something that hides your identity. Just so no one freaks out you are out and about."

You take it, and the cloth is tough, but far from uncomfortable. You put it on, your arms side through holes at the top and it looks as if the fabric wraps itself around your torso and shoulders, and hugs your neck. The back of it falls down to your ankles, so it is daily easy to walk and move without tripping.

"You don't have to put on the hood now, but once we get down there you might want to. But for now... You ready?"

You look down and nod your head. "Yeah..."

"Alright then. Let's head out."

"Doctor...?"

"Yes?"

"Erm..." You don't know how to put them right words together. "Do you think... No... I want to go visit Chase... Before Marvin."

"What? But your- ahem." He stop and changes his tone. "(y/n), going to Marvin's is already a trip in itself. If we visit Chase, it will take even longer."

"I know, but... I just don't feel right about leaving him. I hurt him and I'm not even stopping to apologize? Yeah, he might not even want to see me, but that's why I need you to come with me. Keep him, and I, in check. Please?"

Schneep looks at you sympathetically.

"I just want to make sure he's okay."

A pause, then he says, "This is how I know all hope isn't lost. This right here," he gestures to your chest, "is your human soul talking. It seems it still has the power to influence your thoughts." He sighs. "We'll go see Chase."

"Thank you."

"You just have to be sure to wear that hood whenever and every time I tell you too. Understood?"

"Absolutely."

"Good. Now let's get going before Wake. There's more people out than we want."

Now, you don't know if it's just you, but the air seems slightly cooler than the last time you were outside. But that could just be the slight breeze. You swish your cloak behind you and trudge forward, Schneep at your side, and down the fire-lit path into the woods.

It truly is a shame how beautiful this world is. The way many of the bark of trees match the scarlet color of your cloak, and how some are brighter. And the leaves take on a similar behavior. Thousands of different shades of red, similar to there being no two green leaves the exact same shade. Even the dirt beneath you, dark, crimson red mixed with a little black from the soil underneath. Flattened stones and leaves that make a path, and the occasional beds of red grass alongside it. It's all gorgeous. The bummer part is how a world this beautiful is trying to regurgitate something too impure for it.