The Beggining

This is only the second chapter as you can tell and i am not really that sure of the story so can you tell me what you think in the comments and vote if you thing itts worth it. thanks :)

Jess XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after all of that had happened I had woken up at home, my memorise were a blur but I had gotten them clearer as the years went by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A rustle in the tree above me brought me out of my flashback. 

Gasping a sigh of relief I whipped around on the branch that I had claimed as my seat. I stood up and walked up to the trunk of the tree. A pair of bright green eyes glowed out at me from the hole that was a few feet up from where I stood. A sigh escaped my mouth without my permission. All I had wanted was a half hour alone, but as I glanced at the sky through the branches of the tree I could see that it was now dark.

"I've been out here longer than I planned, sorry." I stated out loud for the owl that was staring at me with worry in his eyes.

"don't look at me like that, my mind had gone back to the night, you know what I'm like when that happens. I can't escape it." I whispered the last line, a tear released itself from my hold and slid slowly and gracefully down my face leaving a thin layer of water in its wake over my flawless porcelain skin, falling finally when it reached my chin. My head dropped low, ashamed of the weakness that I have shown, even though it is my best friend I was with, I could not help but feel ashamed. I was the strong one that everyone in the supernatural community around us looked up to, even if I was different, the way I acted caused people to admire me. I hated it.

A quiet hoot left the beak of the large owl as it hoped to the edge of the hole it was hidden inside of. He opened his large wings, letting the cooling evening breeze get under them as he took off and manoeuvred in and out of the many branches and down to the ground. Just a foot away from the ground the form of the owl shuddered and gave of a slight glow that only my eyes could see. A sound that resembled that of rocks and thick honey being mixed in a wooden bowl reached my ears and I thanked the god that I sometimes wished was out there that I had gotten over the time when that sound made me sick.

The form of my best friend Alex landed on the ground with his knees bent just as he had finished the change from his second form. His 'segunda forma' as it is know in the language that the traditions of the shifters was written in, Spanish. He turned around to face me, a half grin on his face. I smiled down at him, his golden blond hair was falling in his eyes and his lean built figure was tense. I knew he was worried about me because he knows that when I'm upset I can just flip at any moment. But when he saw me smile his figure relaxed and he waved me down from my perch up in the tree.

I moved down the branch a way, bent my knees so that I could place my hand on the branch next to me. I dropped off my old seat, grabbing it with the hand that I had placed next to me and used that arm to swing myself onto the branch below. When my feet connected with the wood, I let go of the branch that was now above me, I found my balance easily. I then spun around and jumped to the next branch down, not bothering to swing this time because it was not directly below me, I landed with my legs slightly bent, taking in my weight so not to cause myself to fall, the leaves that sprouted from the end of the branch rustled as the branch adjusted to this new weight. I was now only about 7 meters from the ground. I jumped, enjoying the feel of the wind whipping past me as I fell to the ground a few feet from Alex.

I turned around and ran to his arms, yes they were strong and muscular but as I have said, he is my best friend, nothing more.

I looked up into his face, a small smile of gratitude playing on my own. His green eyes were the only thing that didn't change when he was in his second form, and they were one of the only things in this world that would calm me down when I was upset or angry. I stepped out of his embrace and grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, checking the time.

"Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea! Nearly 10 o'clock, my dad will be back soon. And I still haven't started dinner!" I rushed as I turned to head back to my home. I started to sprint to the house, dodging in and out of the trees as I ran, knowing that Alex would be behind me, running at a slower pace to that of myself. I let my hearing roam and I could hear him about 50 yards behind, the occasional car on the road in the distance, the heart beats of the animals in the woods around me and the hum of electricity coming from my families house in the clearing near-by.

When I got to the back porch, I flung open the back door, leaving it open for Alex who would soon be here. Rushing to the fridge, I got out the items that would be needed for the meal I had chosen to cook for tonight. As I was getting the onions out Alex came in the back door, shutting it behind him.  

"Stop rushing around like a maniac, I'm sure John will be fine if dinner is a little late." Alex complained as he watched me fussing around the kitchen from his seat at the island on one of the three stools, shortly after taking his seat and watching me for about 30 seconds he got bored and grabbed the remote, turning on the small flat screen in the corner of the room, flipping through the channels, finally settling on a music channel. Then turning back to me for an answer. he knew me. he knew i have an answer for most things.

"I know it's just that I like to keep things the way he is used to them, you know what he's like with change. When I started my training to become a hunter and fighter he got so stress because of all the time I spent with lessons. And then when I stopped training and started teaching he was just as bad, and know that I actually have to go away a few times a month he is slightly crazy when it comes to routine in the time between." I stated as I chopped the onions and mushrooms and added them to the mince I was cooking. Thankfully this was a quick meal. I added the pasta to the pot on the stove and put it on a low temperature so that the mince had time to cook through as the pasta boiled.

Just as I was serving up the food onto three plates, one smaller than the others because I didn't eat as much as the boys, I heard the slight squeak that accompanies the front door being opened. I turned at the sound of my dads footsteps entering the kitchen, a smile on my face and a welcome in mind but when I saw the look on his face, I stopped.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

The grim look on his face told me that something bad had happened and I didn't really want to know what it was but I had a gut feeling that I needed to know.

Taking a seat next to Alex my dad looked at me, sorrow in his eyes, his face a mask.

"Charlotte and Megan got killed whilst on their trip in London. It was not just a normal murder though, it was a supernatural killing." he spoke  

the sentences in monotone, as the shock that my other two best friends had been killed settled in and anger overtook me.