The Piano Demon [Alastor x Male!Reader] II

Start from the beginning

The Piano Demon shrugged, raising a gloved hand to rest over his lover's. "My contract with them ended earlier than I expected. Apparently the music wasn't...upgraded to what demons are listening to in bars these days.  It's a new genre called 'rap'. The manager had me listen to a song, to see if I could play something similar to it but I refused. It sounded like bad poetry mixed with a horrid tempo. There simply wasn't a place for my piano to play for the audience."

"Ah, I see." Alastor's hold on the other tightened, subtly acknowledging a mutual distaste for the genre that younger generations seemed to enjoy but kept his mouth shut out of respect for anyone else who might like it.  "Well, they won't know what they're missing without you around!~"

The reindeer sighed as Alastor continued to snuggle him from behind, rubbing his face on his mask, hearts floating above his head. The Piano Demon squeezed one of Alastor's hands, who in turn caressed his knuckles with his thumb. "You'd do well to remember we're within the presence of company, Alastor." The Radio Demon hummed in acknowledgment but didn't let go, "And by that I mean you should find another way to entertain yourself in the meantime." His cold voice carried a weight that sent shivers down Charlie's spine. Though the demon princess couldn't tell if he was upset or not, it still made her uncomfortable to see such a nonchalant response to Alastor's actions.

 Not many people just brush him off like that, let alone so directly and make it sound like an outright order to an infamous (and powerful) tyrant like the Happy Hotel's main sponsor. To her amazement Alastor seemed neither angry or displeased at his companion like the time Vaggie threatened him with a spear.  He just... pouted like a little kid. 

"But you heard Charlie, the holidays are almost here! You've been working hard as I have so you deserve some time off too! I hardly get to see you!" The Piano Demon looked at Charlie, then back at the Radio Demon. "I know, and that's why I decided to take this job since you're here most of the time.  How about this: as soon as the interview is finished, why don't we go out and get some lunch?"

Alastor's ears perked up. "Really?!"

"Yes. So please let Miss Charlie finish explaining what's to be expected of me while working here, and I will see you in a bit. Okay?"

"Alright, alright.", Alastor reluctantly pulled himself away from the Piano Demon. "But don't you dare start working on a playlist when you're finished, darling!~ Or I'll have to drag you out by force!" The Radio Demon placed his arms behind his back curtly, smiling fondly at the irritated glint in his lover's eyes.

"So much as lay a finger on me and I'll kill you mercilessly." Due to the fact reindeer's voice was so cold and so serious, Charlie was pretty damn sure that he wasn't joking about physically harming the Radio Demon in the slightest. Yet Alastor seemed not to take the threat as he grinned at him lovingly, releasing t a hearty chuckle before patting him on the head."I'll keep that in mind, dear. See you soon~!" The red-headed demon left with a skip in his step, not without looking back and flashing one more smile at his companion.

Once he was out of earshot, the Piano Demon sighed and turned his attention to Charlie. "I apologize, Alastor tends to dote on me...too much." He neatly folded his gloved hands, lacing them on top of a crossed knee.  

"Oh, it's fine!", Charlie laughed nervously, "You guys are really cute together..."

"You sure? Is that why you were clinging to me, afraid they were going to kill each other?" Angel Dust interjected with a smirk, looking down at Charlie's fingers that were still clawing at his suit. Charlie's face turned red and she quickly let go of him immediately.  "Shut up!"  She groaned. "Geez! Go over there, Angel!" Charlie exclaimed, pointing at the hotel bar.  The entertainment star shrugged, sassily walking off to find something else to do than drink some booze. The princess sighed, "Sorry about him." She smiled nervously at her guest, "I can show to where you'll be performing. You prefer to be behind a curtain, correct?"