Chapter Ten: The Key

"What does this mean?"

"It doesn't have to have a meaning, if you don't want it to."

"I want it to. I want to know if what you say is real or fake."

"If that's all you need to know, then I can give you your answer. This is real. All of it. Everything I say, do, or want... it's real. If I watch you like this or smile at you like this, or talk to you this way, then it's real. I would never hurt you, never lie. I would never drown you in too much of this or crush you with the enchantment of us. If you feel like I am lying, or if I am fake, just know that I still feel you. I still watch you. I still speak to you this way."

"But..."

"I will never have you shed a single tear, for I will kiss them away. I will never have you harmed, for I will kiss your bruises. I won't allow you to run away, for I will capture you in my embrace and never let you go again. I will drown you in my love until you can't hold your breath any longer. I will swarm you forever. I will never let you go."

"Don't leave me."

"Leaving you would be like a sun that stopped orbiting; I wouldn't be able to live. Leaving you would be like the world stopped producing oxygen; I wouldn't be able to breathe."

"I want you."

"I want you to want me."

"I do."

"Do you like me?"

"What if I say no?"

"You don't have to love me. You don't have to like me. I'll still trap you in my world, and in my world, you are the center of everything."

"I like you. I like you a lot."

"I wish you'd say that when we are actually living."

"Haven't I?"

"No, my dear. When we live, you look at me with disgust. When we live, you look at me as though I am invisible. When we live, we are friends, but nothing more. It is a hateful, cruel world without your touch."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I really am. Do you hate me when we are living?"

"I need you when we are living. I breathe you in. You are the only thing in the whole, real world that keeps my heart from melting into nothingness."

"I don't make your heart melt?"

"No, but you do make it swell up. You make it so big that it needs to burst. I'm on the edge, my sweet."

"I wish we could be together in all worlds."

"We will be soon, Louis."

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Kiss me."

"Harry!"

Harry flipped over on his bed. His eyes were sore, and he felt as though he could barely move.

"Harry! Breakfast!"

Harry groaned. He was in no mood of filling his stomach; he wasn't much of a morning person. He opened his sore throat and yelled back to his housemate.