First meeting

It was a cloudy cold evening, Dazai sat on his own on a bench gazing at the cloudy sky reflected on the sea. The breeze was cold so he covered his mouth with his green scarf sighing into it feeling his skin warm up, those were the days he hated the most. He usually would spend his evenings drinking with his friends but today was an exception, one had to celebrate the birthday of one of the kids he adopted while the other couldn't free himself from his work.

In this type of days, Dazai would sit on his own thinking about his life and what he has done till now, it really hurt whenever he remembered that he was a 28 years old simple salaryman living on his own in his small, cold apartment with only two friends who actually had a proper life while the only thing he did when they weren't available was to sit by himself and reflect on his simple, boring life. He truly hated this type of days.

When he noticed a couple sitting on the bench next to his, he remembered his talk with his friends in the previous night "Odasaku was right, i should get married .." but his other friend's words came in right after "Ango was right too, it's not like i can find a woman to marry so easily ..

He could hear the couples soft laughers and how they were acting all lovey-dovey which annoyed him. He didn't last two more minutes and he was already walking back to his place "Maybe i should have accepted Odasaku's invitation to Kousuke-kun's birthday .." he shook his head not regretting his choice, he never liked little kids after all. 

On his way, a sudden not too amazing idea crossed his mind when he noticed a certain shop. He regretted his choice right when he went inside said shop which was an animal shelter at all the dogs inside since he had an allergy to them but he decided to just pick an animal now that he was inside "Maybe i wouldn't feel so lonely then ..

The old woman working there kept talking about each animal they had, he could tell she loved them from the bottom of her heart "The bunnies and hamsters are cute but not for me .. nor the birds or the fishes ..." he was truly having a hard time to make his choice till his eyes locked with big blue ones drowning in them not realizing that he stood there for a very long moment till the old woman held his arm slightly shaking him asking if he was okay "This cat wasn't looking at me ... it was looking at my soul ?" The only words that left his throat at this moment were :

"I want this one ."

The woman followed where he was pointing at getting surprised when she saw the small ginger cat standing then walking closer in her small cage letting out soft meows.

"This is the first time she ever reacts to a stranger since she came here, it seems that she was waiting for you ."

Dazai returned the smile the woman gave him then he quickly took care of all the paperwork, he never thought he would ever be impatient to have a cat in his arms but here he was doing everything fastly not feeling relieved till he finally got to hold the ginger cat with gorgeous blue eyes and a small black choker around her neck. The old woman couldn't help but tear up when she saw the cat snuggling into Dazai's chest.

"I found her two months ago in a small box after her previous owner tossed her, now i can tell she feels secure with you, i'm really happy that she finally got to find a human she can stay with, please, take good care of her ."

"I will ."

Dazai bowed one last time before leaving the shelter heading to his place which was in the next alley. He made sure to keep caressing the cat to warm her since the weather was cold and once he went inside his apartment, he let her on the ground smiling when he noticed her waiting for him as he took off his coat and shoes then he walked with her inside the house.