“We didn’t actually have parties in the old days but yeah sure, just the same as back in the day when we still got along.”

“Before you killed me?”

“Before I killed you,” I confirm.

I call Tyler and tell him that I can’t make it over to his house because something else came up. Then Sebastian and I were on our way to a night of partying.

***

An hour later, Sebastian and I were in my car, speeding to New York City. Since Mystic Falls was a small town, we couldn’t exactly party there so we decide to hit up the Big Apple. There was sure to be plenty of life still alive there at this time. I drove at an incredible speed and soon enough, we had arrived. Sebastian and I walked into the first and one of the liveliest clubs we saw.

“I need some ID,” the big burly man standing at the door instantly said.

“No you don’t,” Sebastian and I snap at the same time.

The security guy’s face blanks for a moment but he regains him composure and grunts, “You’re right, you don’t. Go on in and have fun.”

I smirk at Sebastian and grab his hand, pulling him into the club. The music was loud and pumping through the speakers, instantly making me want to dance. I dragged Sebastian out onto the dance floor but he just laughed and pulled back.

“I’m not drunk enough for this yet.”

I sighed and followed him to the bar where he orders a couple of drinks for the two of us. I quickly drink mine really quickly and I could feel a light buzz start to kick in. Sebastian took his shots more slowly and he ordered a couple more for himself, also compelling the bartender not to charge him.

“Drink up,” he grins at me as we each take a shot.

Soon enough, we were both pretty drunk and we dance around like two idiots. However, since we were vampires, we didn’t actually appear to look like idiots. I dance around with all the guys in the club and I could feel their eyes on my body. I wasn’t wearing anything special, just jeans and a tank top but apparently that was enough to get most guys turned on. One random guy in particular was extremely brave, he managed to get me to go out with him into the back alleyway. We began a hot steamy make out session and I could feel his lips tracing mine, seeking for entrance. I grant him access and he explores the inside of my mouth. I knew I shouldn’t have been doing this with the guy but I was drunk and there didn’t seem to be any harm.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the guy pulls a wooden stake out of thin air. I try to squirm away but he is much stronger than me. That’s when I realize he is a vampire. Fuck, why did I have to be drunk when I was actually being attacked? I manage to twist to the side, just as the stake breaks my skin. It doesn’t pierce my heart but I can feel it graze it. It isn’t enough to kill me but it’s wood and it still stings. I kick out at the guy who has me in his grasp and he momentarily loses his grip on me. That was when I extended my palm and pinned him against the brick wall of the club.

“Who are you?” I hiss at him.

He doesn’t say a word, just glares at me. I decide to make things a little more painful for him. I twist my hand to the side a little and I can see the other vampire grimace in pain.

“I’ll ask you once more, who are you?”

“I came to deliver a message.”

I narrow my eyes. “From?”

“Irena.”

“Irena?” I spat. “What the hell does she want?”

“She wants you to stay away from her brother. That you’ve already hurt him enough once before. She won’t have any mercy on you if you hurt him.”