40 ~ there's only one way to find out

Start from the beginning

'Bellateix. She tortured me for fun.' You said.

'Oh.. I'm sorry.' She said.

'I'm fine. It's okay.'

-

You didn't know how much time had passed but everyone was asleep. You sighed. At times like these, your mind wouldn't stop thinking.

Mostly about the war. About what was going to happen. With you, with your parents, with Draco, with Hogwarts, with Harry..

You walked over to the stairs. You couldn't go up them, of course. You were locked in. You stared to the bars and looked up, hoping to get a glimpse of light.. a small look through a window. You were desperate for some fresh air.

You sighed and turned back around when that wouldn't work. You didn't want to sit anymore. Your knees hurt. Also you were bored. Sleep was pretty rare so it wasn't as if you could just fall asleep on the concrete floor.

You heard someone coming down the stairs. You turned around and watched. You then saw Draco appear. You smiled as soon as you saw him. He was holding something. He opened the door and walked over to you. You hadn't seen him since before the torturing. He hugged you right away.

'Thank God, you're okay.' He said.

'I am. Don't worry.'

Draco kissed you shortly.

'What are you doing here?' You asked.

'I got something for you.' He said.

You showed you his hand. He got your wand and your parents wands. You looked at him in surprise.

'I can't leave you guys here.' He said

'Are you mental?! He'll kill you.'

'He won't find out.'

You couldn't believe he risked this for you. He wanted to help you. You smiled a little. You were a little proud of him but also scared.

'What about Luna?' You asked.

'They just got here. They'll manage. I had to think about you three first.'

You grabbed the wands. You walked towards your parents and woke them. They opened their eyes and you showed them their wands.

'What.. How did you-'

'Draco.' You smiled.

You walked back towards Draco. Your parents got up and looked at you.

'Do you have any idea.. in how much danger you're putting yourself?' Your father asked him.

'I do.. but I never meant to hurt any of you. I guess this is making it up to you.'

Your parents seemed to be surprised. You knew that Draco had a kind heart. You knew that this was another part of him. The part you fell in I love with.

'Do you now know why I love him?' You asked while standing closer to him.

'Draco.. I don't know how to thank you.'

'You don't have to. I just hope that after this war, you'll allow me to get to know you guys better. After all, I promised to do the right thing at the end.'

You smiled and Draco grabbed your hand. You looked at him.

'Thank you, Dray.' You said.

Draco smiled and looked at you.

'I will miss that you're not near me. At least I knew you were safe here.. well, safe...safer.'

'I will see you again.' You said. 'I have to. Else, I legit don't even know what to do with my life.'

'You'll find someone better than me.' Draco said.

It hurt you a little that he said that. He knew that he was important to you. This all wasn't his fault. He was good enough for you. Almost perfect even.

'Don't say that. That's not true.' You said.

'It is. I legitimately thought that this was all over when you told me you hated me. I couldn't live with myself after that.',

'Well it's not.. You have to make sure to keep it that way.' You grinned.

'I will. You know I will.'

You looked at him and let him go. You then just hugged him. Draco hugged you back and held you tightly.

'I'll miss you.' You said.

'I'll miss you too.' He followed. 'It'll be okay. I'll see you again. Promise.'

You smiled and let him go. You looked at your parents who were now minding their own business again, allowing you to do what you two had to do.

Draco pulled you closer to him and kissed you passionately. You kissed him back right away. It was the last one you two were going to have in a long time. You had to pull back.

'Stay safe.' He said.

'We will. You too.'

He nodded. He slowly let you go and walked away. He locked the door again but you could now open it with your wands.

'Won't they find out if we leave?' You asked while looking at your parents.

'There's only one way to find out.' Your father said while he and your mother got up.