16 ~ Just felt like something I had to do

You fled to the lake. You were staring at it. You were still in shock. You didn't know what to think. Draco couldn't like you.. right? But why did he kiss you?

You laid and sat back against the tree. You saw everyone just chatting or studying and you couldn't even think straight. You were just sitting there for God knows how long.

'Y/N?'

You didn't even look up. You knew it was Hermione. You recognised her voice. She slowly sat down besides you and looked at you. Your eyes were fixed on the lake.

'Did something happen?' She asked.

'Draco kissed me.' You just said.

When you said that, it was as if it just hit you. As if you just realised what happened. Draco kissed you.. that was something you had wished for. He kissed you. You tore your gaze away from the lake and saw a shocked expression on Hermione's face.

'Draco kissed you?' She asked a little in shock.

You nodded. The scene replayed itself in your head.. again.. and again.. and again. What was it that made you kiss him. All you said was that you hated him. What could have driven him crazy? Maybe it was just for fun to him. Just a disgusting game. Kissing you, telling you he likes you, and then it turns out to be another lie.

'What happened? How did it happen? Why did it happen?' Hermione asked.

'I went after him, yelled at him for lying to me again.. he kept saying he didn't have my book. So I told him I hated him. He pushed me against the wall and asked me to repeat that. So I said it again and he kissed me. It was a long kiss.'

Hermione didn't know what to say. You weren't as happy as she expected when this would happen. You were almost depressed.

'It probably meant more to me than it meant for him.' You then said.

She then realised why you weren't happy. Of course you had doubts about that. With Draco you could never be sure. You were in love with him but you two had no idea if he liked you too. It was a difficult situation.

'You can't be sure. You should ask him.'

'If I ask, he can lie to me again. So I'll never be sure.'

Hermione could literally see that you hated this so much. This wasn't how this was supposed to go.

'You kissed your crush Y/N. Aren't you a little happy?'

'Current that is overruled by the complications it brings.'

That actually made sense to Hermione.

'It's like.. falling in love with your best friends boyfriend. You're very happy with him but it brings so many complications that you can't even enjoy that.'

Hermione grinned at your remark, but you were very serious. It was like your brain was going to explode. You let out a deep sigh and got up.

'Where are you going?' Hermione asked.

'The common room. I need to just.. i don't know.. lay down on bed. Do nothing. Try to get my mind to shut the hell up.'

You sighed and walked away. You watched everyone just pass you. You bumped into a few people but didn't really care. You entered the common room and stopped when you saw Draco sitting there.

He looked up and looked at you. Your eyes stared in this his. All the thinking stopped. As if he calmed your brain. You wanted to say something, ask him about it but you didn't dare too. You looked away from him and walked towards the girls dorm. You felt Draco's eyes following you.

Draco had no idea what he was feeling. He was confused. He never felt this towards anyone. Was he in love with you? You stopped and turned to him.

'I think it's best if I don't ask anything.. is it?'

'I don't know.' He shrugged. 'What do you want to ask?'

Doubt was clearly present.

'Why did you kiss me?' You asked.

'Why did you kiss me back?'

You sighed. You knew he was going to use that. You crossed your arms.

'Your answer first.' You said. 'I asked you first.'

'Just felt like something I had to do.'

'Why?' You immediately asked. 'Why would you possibly want to kiss me? And I'm asking you for the truth. The actual truth. Not just some stupid lie again. That's the only question I have left.'

'You want the truth? I don't know. I don't know why I kissed you. I just did. Now answer my question.'

You looked at him and narrowed your eyes a little.

'Just felt like something I had to do.' You said.

Draco sighed and rolled his eyes, but you swore you saw a small smile. You turned around and walked towards the girls dorm.

'She's so into you.'

Draco looked back and saw Gregory and Vincent.

'Jeez, you guys couldn't even make your presence known?'

'No, you two would have stopped talking.' Vincent grinned.

'How much did you hear?'

'Enough to hear that you kissed her. Pansy isn't know going to like that.' Gregory grinned.

Draco didn't want pansy to know. He actually didn't want anyone to know. Not even Vincent and Gregory.

'If you tell her I will murder you.. and I'm not kidding. I didn't even want to tell you guys.'

'Why not?' Vincent asked.

'Because it brings unnecessary problems. Like you guys will interfere in my business again.'

'She's into you, Draco. She liked head over heels in love with you.' Vincent pointed out.

'And how would you know?'

'The way she looks at you and responds to you. She's definitely into you.'

Draco liked to hear that. Okay.. maybe he likes you too.. maybe. He didn't even know.

'Are you into her?'

'Don't know. I mean, she's nice but a little.. crazy.'

Vincent and Gregory laughed.

'We didn't think you'd be in love with a loser like her. She likes Gryffindors.' Gregory laughed. 'So it's good to hear that you don't like her. Or at least don't like her enough to admit it.'

Draco actually didn't want his friends to talk about you like that but he wasn't going to say anything. He first had to figure out what was going on. He'd deal with them later.

'I'll figure it out. Don't interfere with it too much. If you do, I might actually curse you.' Draco said while getting up. 'Of course you wouldn't want to be turned into a frog or something..  is a slug more your style?'

'Alright, we get it, Malfoy.' Vincent sighed.

'Good. I'll see you later.'

Draco walked towards the boys dorm. Leaving his friends behind.