I knew you could do it, Caterpillar.

Thank you for believing in me.

Always.

Smiling widely, I make myself two wooden swords using tree bark while I keep my wind activated, then face the animals mimicking Andy's stance. Together we take out the remaining animals in small groups as I left up the walls I previously raised and using our weapons while also mixing in some wind and lightning. Before we know it we're down to one last group of red eyed foxes and we pull of a spin move that I have seen so many times in movies, but never thought I would actually use, to deliver a finishing strike. Putting out the lights of their ember eyes.

"Yes! Now all that's left are those golems!" Andy, I cannot believe this, he literally pumps his fist in the air and starts doing some kind of victory dance that looks more like a jig. Putting my hands against my mouth I try to hold in my laughter, but it does not work. Before I know it I'm tilting my head back and laughing while wiping tears out of my eyes.

"Andy, you-" I am unable to speak as I am cut off by my own laughter and Andy turns to me with an eyebrow raised and a half smile on his face.

"I'm glad my relief of being alive brings you joy." He says dryly, but I can tell that he is faking as I can see a hint of a smile tugging on his lips, asking for entrance.

"It does actually." He rolls his eyes before he pulls me towards him and ruffles my hair, making it stick out every which way, making me regret not tying it up.

"Urgh, now it's a mess! I should've tied it up!" Pushing his hands away, I run my fingers through my hair and try to fix it.

"You could tie it up, or leave it down and it wouldn't change how beautiful it is." Andy says while holding of a strand of my hair and twisting it on his finger. He said the b word again! That makes it three times. Once at the ceremony, then when we came back from training together and now. What does it mean?

"What does what mean?" I jump in surprise as Andy echoes my thoughts out loud and I feel my cheeks go red in embarrassment, so I quickly try to cover up. Pushing his hand away from my hair I turn around swiftly as I make my way out of the walled barrier that I created.

"Nothing you need to worry about! Let's hurry up and get rid of those golems!" Sending those words behind me I start deactivating the walls, but not before I hear him chuckle to himself.

You're such a blockhead!

Yep and you can't hate me for it!

Smug little twat.

No flirting! We're on a mission!

Oh, go eat some burned dirt!

I'm glad you care.

I really don't!

Before he can reply to our mental argument, the booming of the golems walking interrupts him as we are thrust back into our fight.

...

"Andy, any ideas on how to beat these things!"

We had been fighting for a little over an hour, but we had yet to make a huge dent in their numbers as all our attacks seem to just scratch them and nothing more.

"We're going to have to use our blood powers!" He yells back to me and I nod, deciding that I had done enough doubting of my abilities today. Together we activate our blood powers, I chose to only activate my elf one for now and I can feel the familiar shift of my outer appearance as I do so.