Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving had always been a hit or miss holiday for Tony. Before he started dating Pepper, he'd almost always spent the holiday alone being thankful for his company and the people who helped make it possible.

Now that he was dating Pepper and had the rest of the Avengers on his side, he found that celebrating the turkey holiday was definitely a lot easier.
He was most excited, however, to pass this on to Peter.

He doubted Peter had had very many Thanksgiving's with all the food he could possibly eat and people who love and care for him.
But Tony was determined to change that.

Pepper had spent most of the day cooking. They were having a lot of people over. Most of the people who were coming didn't have families of their own to celebrate with.
Pepper and Tony didn't mind having them over, the more the merrier in their ragtag little family.

Peter was curious. He'd never seen so much food being cooked before and it all looked so delicious. For most of the day, he sat in the kitchen while Pepper cooked, watching her move around the kitchen to cook.

When Tony came some time later, he found the two most important people in his life at the moment in the kitchen. One of which had been nibbling on the side dishes.
He laughed, lifting Peter as their guests slowly began arriving.

Wanda, Vision, Bruce, Thor, Natasha, Steve, Rhodey, Sam, Stephen, Scott and Cassie (who were attending two thanksgiving dinners in the same night)... Everyone was able to attend except for Clint, who wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his own family.
The dinner table was quite packed and loud which Tony was nervous would scare Peter, but Peter loved it.

He shoved food in his mouth and happily talked all about his new friends to all his uncles and aunts.
As the night drew to a close and the guests disipatated, leaving Pepper to balance all the dishes in the sink for wash tomorrow, Tony carried Peter to his bedroom.

"Daddy, why do we celebrate Thanksgiving?" He asked sleepily and Tony smiled softly. Even when he was tired, he couldn't stop asking questions.

"To be thankful for what we have, bud." He explained gently. Peter was quiet for a moment.

"I'm thankful for you and mommy." He whispered, as if it were some heavily guarded secret he couldn't bare to bring himself to say.
Tony smiled.

"I'm thankful for you and mommy too." He kissed the top of Peter's head and the small boy let out a contented sigh.
What a wonderful night.

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Well, American. I had Thanksgiving like a month ago because I'm Canadian.
But Happy Thanksgiving anyway!
I'm thankful for all of you who continue to support me through this story and who give me ideas allnd inspiration to continue what I do.
This story would be nothing without all of you.
Enjoy!