XXXIX

| show them

it is true that they think you are different because, darling, you are.

you spend your days worrying that your goodness is not real enough to grow the flowers that you've been watering. you don't realize that these petals are only scented fabrics.
don't you dare to water the real ones, love, or their thorns will cut your fingers, because that is what becomes of goodness — sinister stares and rejection.

you can't blame them too because nature does tend to become unfamiliar with rare things. they turn away from good when it comes their way because they see it in the face of betrayal and pretense.

you open the cages when you see them and wonder why the tiny birds do not accept the granted freedom and fly away. you must understand, love, that the ones you've been trying to free from behind the bars have false feathers. they are origami folds in the name of humans.

leave them, honey. paper, plastic, and fabrics do not deserve you. go, look for the reality locked behind the doors with signboards reading “ BEWARE OF KINDNESS ”.

kindness still exists |

Inspired by Hidden Suns by Xx_shewolf_xX. Her writings are otherworldly. Please show her some love.
“ I see roses as spears and kindness as near goodbyes ”