But the Station next to me held one of my few close friends.

Elaine Manson.

Lane was unimaginably beautiful in every sophisticated way a young woman could look. She had natural blonde hair and beautiful Brown eyes. She always dressed for school appropriately, and had the wisdom of a 30 year old.

Her fun side had never peaked with me when we had first become friends, but 3 years ago when her mother had died over summer, we had a lot of time to really reminisce over what we had in common, we just clicked in some way.

"Elaine!" I called my best friend over.

"Hey Brin."

"Was there any homework?" I asked rifling through my papers.

"Not that I can recall."

I kept thumbing through pages.

"Oh wait, there was the Cell Cycle that we had to complete in our journals."

"Oh," i stopped short thinking.

"I think you already turned that in yesterday."

"Probably." I shrugged.

"Did you hear about the new guy Eric?" She giggled excitedly grabbing my arm.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "Who didn't? The whole town is talking about it."

I didn't mention I already had a run in with him.

"I hear he's insanely hot!" She mused.

"He's pretty hard to miss." I said sarcasticly.

"I really like your outfit today." She smiled ignoring my curt tone.

"Thanks." I blushed smiling.

I hadn't bothered doing anything with my hair.  I just brushed it. My brown hazelnut hair fell in loose curls, except it was naturally like this. I didn't go all out on my makeup today, just did some simple foundation, eyeliner, lip liner, and Mascara.

I had picked out a loose Baby Blue sweater, tan pants, and some Brown knee high boots with the top of my lace cream leg warmers sticking out.

"I like your outfit too." I returned a smiled at Lane.

She had worn a simple Jean Jacket with a white, red, black, and tan Aztec print shirt, she added tan pants, and some Floral old fashions shoes.

"Very Classy." I giggled.

"Thanks!" She exclaimed, "Daddy gave me allowance so I went to the shops of Legacy and did a big haul."

"How fun." I smiled.

I was cut short, as our Professor walked in the room.

"Class be seated." My teacher, Mr. Spain said. "I suppose everyone has turned their homework into the trey if you have not already."

"Got to go. I'll text you." Lane said walking away making a texting motion with her thumbs.

Mr. Spain was quick to jump into our lesson, simply going over the cell cycle as we had been doing the whole week put me wayyy out of place. This class was too easy.

Maybe I should go from Pre-Ap to Intermediate.

I hadn’t realized just how much I was staring out into space until a dark silhouette appeared in my peripheral vision.

I watched in sweet-bitter delight as Eric walked into our class, keeping his eyes on his schedule. Probably praying along with me that this wasn't his class.