1 • prisoners of the ark

But yeah, I started watching the 100 ages ago, and I fell in love. I ship Bellarke pretty hard, even though I don't like Clarke sometimes. Anyways. . . enjoy!

(P.S. I know I normally do a prologue for my stories, but I don't think this one really requires one. The first couple of chapters are sort've short, sorry.)

——————————

Three months

Three months.

Three months and I'd finally be free.

Three months and I'd be eighteen and they will finally float me.

The adults on the Ark who believed themselves powerful enough to decide didn't know what to do with me at first - accused murderers weren't usually so young. It took the Council almost a full week to decide what to do with me. Eventually, the Sky Box was the conclusion they came to, considering my age.

Unfortunately for me, criminals under the age of eighteen were not eligible for floating as a punishment. I would have preferred that. And now I was stuck here, waiting until my birthday.

On their 18th birthday, juvenile delinquents were to face the tribunal once more to decide whether or not we were allowed to rejoin society. If they deemed our crime too dastardly, or we hadn't been reformed, we were to be floated.

Which meant that even though they were fighting over the final decision, no matter how badly most of the Council wanted to float the little girl only a few months off of her sixteenth birthday who had murdered someone, their own law forbade it.

I, on the other hand, just wished they'd float me and get it over with.

Just like the rest of the juvenile delinquents, they allowed me minimal contact throughout my time in the Sky Box. The only people I got to see were the guards and the other delinquents. Because of the crime I had been convicted of, I was denied visitation.

The only person who would have visited me joined me in the Sky Box a few years later anyway.

They were originally going to keep me in solitary, but they didn't want to waste a perfectly good room. The first few cellmates I had were older than me, all close to their eighteenth birthday. When they finally did turn eighteen and were taken to be floated, I had to start all over with the next.

After the first few I decided not to get close to them anymore. I couldn't get attached, because I always ended up alone again.

That was until about a year into my sentence I got a cellmate just a few months younger than me. At first she hadn't spoken to me much, but being locked up in a small room with only another person doesn't leave much in the way of entertainment. When we finally did get to speaking, we had actually gotten to know each other pretty well.

We had been roomed together for about two years, and it wasn't an exaggeration to say that she was probably my best friend. She was definitely a lot more interesting than my other cellmates. She had been locked in here for something she hadn't done, it wasn't even something she had any control over.