42- Forever [Last Chapter]

Start from the beginning

"My name is Sohyun," I gave him my signature eye smile.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

"Too bad she has a boyfriend."

I turned to look at Seokjin leaning against the store's front door.

"Seokjin!" I ran over to hug him

"Sohyun, get back to work!" My manager yelled at me.

"Sorry!" I immediately did as I was told.

"Omg, there's such a cute guy at table #5!" My coworker beamed.

"Yah, that's my boyfriend. Back off."

"You never told me you had such a handsome boyfriend," She chirped, "Do you perhaps have any handsome friends?"

I"Yeah."

Her eyes widened in excitement, "When can I meet them?"

"Never."

She pouted, "You're so mean."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a menu from the shelf, "I'll be right back."

I happily walked over to table #5 and set the menu in front of him.

"Welcome to Bang Cafe! I will be attending you today-"

"No, you won't."

"Huh?"

"Aren't you supposed to be on your break?"

I checked my watch, "Ah, you're right."

He patted the spot next to him, telling me to sit, "You know I'm leaving today."

"You said you would stay in Seoul for college," I crossed my arms.

"I'll visit and we can video chat every day."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"You better not break your promise."

"I won't."

"Hey."

"What?"

"Is it true that Eunchae is going to the same university as you?" I tried to smile but I ended up frowning just thinking about her.

"Oh, um...yeah," He answered awkwardly.

"And suddenly I hate the fact that you're moving away even more."

"Why?"

"You know why! I hate that girl so much and we all know she only applied to that college because you did. She's on to something and I know it."

"Whatever it is, we'll get through it...together."

"I don't trust her."

"But you trust me right?"

I nodded.

"Then that should be enough."

"If you say so..."

"Lighten up," He hugged me, "Maybe having some space to ourselves would do us well and-"

"Then let's start giving each other some space right now," I pushed him away.

"I'm joking," He lied.

"Are you tired of me?" I whispered.

"No, I could never...I just think that we need to have time to ourselves once in a while."

"I guess so," I sat there awkwardly.

"Don't be sad," He hugged me once again.

"How can I not be? This is the last time I'm seeing you in months and you're telling me we need some space. I bet you're very happy to be leaving, especially since Eunchae will be there."

"Is someone jealous?"

"Me? Jealous of that snake? Never."

"Sure," He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you even going to miss me?"

"Of course I am! You're my girlfriend. I'm going to miss you the most out of everyone."

"Hello," My coworker greeted us, "Could I get you two something to drink?"

"Coffee," We both said at the same time and I giggled.

"I'll be right back with your drinks," She left after asking us what type we wanted, etc.

"Sohyun."

"Hm?"

"I love you."

We stared at each other for a few seconds and after that I looked away flustered.

"Sohyun, did you not hear me? I said I love you."

"I know," I said shyly, "and I love you too."

"Good," He grabbed my hand and I rested my head on his shoulder.

I want to stay like this forever...with him. This man next to me is the one who I want to be with for an eternity. He taught me what happiness meant, what it's like to have someone who loves you. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

|||
A/N
Sorry for the VERY late update. I've been kind of busy lately and I just didn't have much time, sorry. The epilogue will be up soon. I'm still thinking about whether I should write the alternative ending or not, but I'm pretty sure I will. Thank you for reading