"That's alright, I understand. Bye," Rex said before hanging up the phone.

"Alright Freddy, we can hang out now-"

Alfred suddenly pounced on him before he could finish talking, causing Mystery to fall backward onto the couch.

"Finally, I thought I'd never get the chance to hang with you" He shouted dramatically, laying flat on Mystery's chest.

"What is that supposed to mean!?" He exclaimed towards his friend's odd behavior. "We always hang out! Especially every Friday!" He struggled for a few seconds before giving up. "Don't you have Yuki to hang with when I'm gone?"

"Yeah, but Yuki is usually...busy" Alfred lied.

He got off of Mystery and sat down, blushing and scratching his head.

"Sorry, I guess it's just been a while since I hanged with anyone," he mumbled in slight embarrassment.

Mystery chuckled patting Alfred's shoulder.

"Freddy, it's okay, I'm glad you want to hang out with me, to be honest," he smiled, making Alfred blush further. The dog quickly looked away when the other man caught him staring.

Mystery pulled him closer giggling at how Alfred was acting. He was this as a playful joke but for Alfred, it just made his heart beat even more wildly in his chest. The doctor patted him on the back gently still giggling to himself at how flustered Alfred was.

"Relax Alfred, why are you so embarrassed?" He chuckled. Alfred shrugged while chuckling too, trying to calm himself before he had a heart attack.

Because I want you all to myself, He thought quietly to himself but instead came out with

"Because I don't bother asking people if they wanna hang out that often," Alfred lied. Every 2-4 weeks he would invite someone to dinner to catch up with things. But he needed Mystery's sympathy.

"What? Really? What about your wife?" Mystery tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"Um, girlfriend actually, and again she is usually busy so I don't wanna disturb her," Alfred responded.

"Oh," he said, "I thought you guys were married. Are you planning on getting married in the future?"

Alfred looked away before answering. "Actually... no, I don't think she's right for me."

"Oh... well I hope you find the 'right one' soon."

I want it to be you, Alfred thought, I do. But sometimes it seems like you don't even notice me.

Mystery softly petted Alfred's ears, sitting next to him while Alfred was laying down. Alfred noticed that his head was right in Mystery's lap.