Finally, after getting lost a couple of times, I find Tictus' office. I run to the door, making it burst open as I get to it, the lock splintering and breaking. I run in and the strangest sight meets my eyes: Tictus has his hand inside his servant-assistant person, Xavier's, chest. Xavier's face it contorted in agony and I watch, my mouth agape as he dissolves to red particles and dust - his soul and life energy, before Tictus pulls out his hand and the everything seems to cover the Detested before sinking into him. He was absorbing his life force, getting stronger....

That is not good.

'Oh Ashton.' He says, turning to face me,

'How nice of you to join us.' I stare at him, trying to look like I wasn't phased by what he just did.

'Are you serious?' I ask him,

'You're going with that cheesebomb?'

Keep him talking, don't let him see the knife.

He stares at me, almost curious.

'Oh riiiiggt,' I say, trying to sound confident, even though I feel dizzy and sweat is trickling down my face.

'You've probably been here for centuries, wouldn't know about movies.'

He raises his chin to look down at my, his hands clenched,

'Do not presume to know, boy, what I do and don't know. I am-'

'Yeah I know what you are,' I interrupt,

'The biggest - well, the second biggest - son of a bitch I have ever met.' Tictus seems to swell with anger,

'How dare you insult the King of-'

'What?' I ask,

'The king of this dump? Who are you really? I doubt you name is actually 'Tictus' ' He looks at me, and I notice that he's been slowly edging towards me, step by step.

'No,' he replies,

'I'm Minos, King of Crete.'

And with that, he lunges.

We crash to the ground, his hands around my neck, I try to prise his hands away but his grip is too tight! I scrabble and scratch but he refuses to let go. I can feel my pulse slowing down as he refuses to allow the blood to circulate to my oxygen-starved brain. My vision is foggy, with black spots coming in and out of view.

'Think Ashton! What do you do?' I tell myself,

'What will he least expect?'

And then it comes to me.

Stop fighting.

Relax.

Against all my better judgement, I cease moving. Closing my eyes, I completely relax, going limp and floppy. Almost instantly his hands loosen, just enough for my to rip his hands away and jump to my feet.

He falls back in shock, clearly he'd not thought this would happen, my eyes flicker around for my knife and I catch sight of it glinting from under the desk. I lunge for it, a split-second before Minos does too.

I reach the knife first and clutch it tightly, I lift it up and draw it across my palm, smearing it with blood. Minos freezes, clearly he knows what I plan to do.

'Now wait a second,' He says, backing up slightly, his hand outstretched. I advance on him, noticing the other go behind his back, I stop, catching sight of his triumphant expression.

'Wha-' He flies at my face, a knife clutched in his skeletal hand.

I try to dodge his strike, but I move slightly too late and his knife catches my head, a long, deep cut appearing; leading from the centre of my forehead down the right side of my face and stopping at my jaw.