Chapter 1

MISAKI

MISAKI
Once again I find myself at the steps of yet another foster home but this one is different... this one was a private school called Cross Academy and it had two classes: the day class which consisted of human students and the night class which was occupied by... supernatural creatures but at the moment only vampires attended.
This is a fact I know because when I was about 4, I woke up deserted in the middle of nowhere and then I was attacked by a scary looking creature but was saved by another elegant looking creature but now I can't remember my savior's face I can just remember his mismatched eyes which were blue and red, those creatures are also called vampires.
I opened the gates to the massive private academy and stepped in suddenly taken aback by the scores of screaming girls 'is one direction here or something?' I thought to myself.
I was wearing a dark blue skinny jean along with a long sleeved white shirt that was not too loose nor was it too tight it was just perfect along with a black converse and on my back hung my backpack. I had on my silver necklace which had a red diamond rose pendant along with my 'Silver Moon' ring which turns into a sword with a copper hilt and a silver blade including a diamond crescent moon on the hilt.

I walked through the gate to see two sets of people, one in white uniforms and the other in black uniforms, the screams I heard earlier were coming from the kids in black which I assumed were the day class students so that meant the ones in white were the night class students also known as vampires.
As soon as I walked in all eyes turned to me 'she's so pretty!' I heard a voice exclaim 'she has such lovely hair' another said as I looked towards the day class and smiled shyly causing them to squeal and say 'KAWAI!', okay then... after I turned towards the night class who were looking at me except for the one in front, a tall guy with dark brown hair and garnet eyes but he wasn't looking at me.
"Hi you must be the new student and my new sister" a girl with short brown hair with matching eyes said and as I turned to face her she gasped and her eyes widened 'she looks a bit like me' I thought but shook it off.
"Oi Yuki! Stop day dreaming and help" a boy with silver hair shouted "shut up Zero, I'm welcoming my sister home!" she yelled back and this caught everyone's attention, especially the night class; the mysterious guy from the night class looked at me for a split second but turned away.
Zero's eyes widened in realization and he smiled but that soon changed "Everyone get back to your bloody dorms now otherwise I'll make everyone do a thousand push-ups at 4 in the morning" he said in a calm yet threatening voice while dropping his head gathering a dark aura around himself and then all of a sudden his head snapped up glaring at the day class causing a sweat to drop at the back of my head and everyone scampered back to their dorms.
"Zero, do you really have to do that?" Yuki asked while walking over to him and hugged him which he returned happily and I couldn't help but smile "how else do I spend time with you?" he asked softly causing Yuki to blush, 'so cute' I thought "*cough*I'm right here *cough*" I said while pretending to cough with a smirk on my face which caused the two love birds to jump apart and blush.
"Hi, I'm Misaki Kayuki Cross" I smiled shyly introducing myself "aw, your shy, anyways...I'm Yuki Cross but my real name is Yuki Kuran and this is Zero Kiryu, my boyfriend" she said "you said that I was your new sister then why is your last name Kuran and Kiryu?" I asked the two confused "the headmaster will explain" Zero said and I nodded.
We all walked together to what I assumed was the headmaster's office and I knocked "come in!" a slightly girly voice said and the three of us entered "good day, chairman" I said politely but a bit shyly "not another Yuki except in a shyer version" he groaned "call me daddy!" he exclaimed and a waterfall of tears started streaming down his face "please don't cry! I'm sorry dad" I said alarmed and the chairman I mean dad looked up shocked, his waterworks now stopped "what did you just say?" he whispered "dad" I said gulping because the last time I called someone dad I was tortured and I was scared if the chairman would hurt me "please don't hurt me, I won't call you dad if you don't want me to" I yelped as he came close to me and I started walking backwards but the chairman stopped me by placing his hand gently on my head "I would never dream of hurting you, you are my daughter" he said "sorry" I whispered trying to push those memories to the back of my head and bit my lip to stop the tears.
Yuki came up to me and hugged me "we're your family from now onwards and I'll protect you from any harm" Yuki whispered "so will I" Zero said hugging both Yuki and I and dad joined in "what made you think that we will hurt you?" Zero asked suspiciously and I quickly changed the topic "why do you'll have different last names?" I asked Yuki and Zero.
"Yuki explain your story and Zero explain yours after" dad said and they nodded "I'm Yuki Kuran, I'm a... pureblood vampire, I'm the biological sister of Kaname Kuran and I lost my memories and parents at the age of 5 and my brother saved me from a vampire that attacked me and brought me to the chairman who adopted me. I didn't know who Kaname Kuran really was until last year when the academy was under attack by my uncle, Rido Kuran. The reason I lost my parents was because of Rido, when I was 5 Rido came to devour me and kill my parents, my brother and my sister, so that he was the only and most powerful Kuran left, my mother sacrificed herself to hide mine and my younger sister's vampire sides and our dad died while protecting us but my sister...she's supposedly dead," Yuki looked at me expectantly but I didn't know why so she continued
"During the 6 years I knew Zero I fell in love with him but didn't realize it and when my brother asked me to choose my lover I choose Zero, and I'm glad I made that decision because I have found a great family and I have a feeling my decision avoided a huge incident and now I finally have a sister" Yuki explained and hugged me then I turned to Zero
"I love Yuki and I never acknowledged Kaien as my father because he was more like an annoying best friend or irritating, over dramatic older brother and my last name was one of the few reminders I had of my family" he explained and hugged Yuki and I "what happened to your family?" I asked Zero "a revenge driven pureblood named Shizuka Hio attacked us killing my parents with the help of my twin brother Ichiru, last year my brother died because of me, the truth is that I'm a vampire, but I was born into a family of vampire hunters and when twins are born in this family it is considered taboo, last year Shizuka Hio died and the reason I'm a vampire is because Shizuka bit me 6 years ago" Zero said and I nodded.
"I have something for you" the chairman announced and I looked up at him questioningly as he walked out of the room "where did he go?" Zero muttered, his eyes following the chairman until he was out of sight.
We silently waited for the chairman to return and when he did, he had a black leather box in his hands which was covered in dust.
The chairman placed it on his desk and gestured for me to come forward and open it. I looked at the chairman before eyeing the box warily as I proceeded towards it, the closer I got to it, the more I could feel something pulling me closer to the box. It's as if whatever was inside of the box was calling me towards it...
I carefully opened the leather box and the contents took my breath away "that is for you" the chairman smiled and I gingerly lifted the silver gun up to examine it.
It was pure silver with a lighter silver plating on either side of the handle, my fingers traced the intricate abstract design carved all throughout the gun, except on the plating, and finally on the right side of the gun, the word 'Artemis' was carved in a cursive and elegant manner. Placing the gun down on the table, I grabbed the chain from the box and put it next to the gun before taking out a pair of black fingerless gloves out of the box.
"Keep these weapons with you at all times and from now onwards you will be a guardian" the chairman informed and I nodded.
"What do guardians do?" I asked "they protect the day class students from the night class's hunger for blood and we also keep an eye on the night class to protect the secret about the vampire race from the human race" Zero said "you will be a guardian since you know about the vampire world, you will be going on patrols with Zero and I, though I have to warn you, you get little to no sleep" Yuki said slightly laughing at the end "I have absolutely no problem and it will be an honor to be a guardian and protector of this school" I said
"your uniform" the head- dad said handing me a black uniform identical to Yuki's "I'm afraid that you're the only occupant of the dorm I'm assigning you but if you want we can arrange for a roommate" dad said and I was relieved, now I don't have to worry about hiding my scars from anyone in my dorm "no that's fine, though thanks for asking dad" I said shyly with a smile "from Friday night to Monday morning, the three of you will stay at my house, all your belongings have been put in your dorm so you can arrange what you want in your dorm and at home" dad explained smiling "I can help you unpack" Yuki offered "oh thanks but that would not be necessary" I said politely
"besides... I think Mr. Zero would like some alone time with you, the last thing I want is Zero to go back to the grumpy guy I saw earlier because he didn't have enough 'Yuki Time'" I said trying to contain my laughter while those two blushed while Zero slightly glared at me and dad started laughing
"who would have thought that the Zero Kiryu would openly blush like that, if I knew something like this could happen then I would have made them start dating 6 years ago" dad said snickering "oh really, what about that new teacher? What was her name? Oh right... Ms.Hikari Tomoya... ex vampire hunter just like you and I've also heard you'll were a thing at the organization before you retired and then after a while she retired and now here she is as our new... self-defense teacher" Zero now had dad in a headlock smirking while Yuki and I had a sweat drop "do they always do this?" I asked softly and Yuki nodded
"ever since Zero and I started developing feelings for each other Zero has been a bit more open but always had a sad look in his eyes and rarely smiled or talked and was mostly cold and distant with a constant glare but ever since we started dating he has become friendlier, romantic, he smiles a lot and talks... a lot but he has been looking much happier and that sad lonely look in his eyes has been replaced by warmth and joy" Yuki explained looking at her beloved with love and affection and I smiled slightly "the side effects of love" I said laughing and Yuki joined in causing dad and Zero to look at us confused which caused us to laugh harder "nothing" I said.
"okay then, Misaki get settled in, here is your disciplinary committee badge and if you want when you're done meet Zero and Yuki and patrol with them or you can catch up on some rest" dad said "actually I would like to patrol with Yuki and Zero, if it's okay with you'll dad" I said "yeah! Another girl on duty, how exciting" Yuki gushed and we laughed at her enthusiasm "we still have an hour before we have to go on patrol and since you want to come with us I'll pick you up since your dorm is right next to mine" Yuki said smiling and I nodded "bye dad, bye Zero" I said waving at them and started walking towards the door "Misaki... don't take your necklace off at all and before I forget, do you have any other anti-vampire weapons?" he questioned and I nodded before pressing the red gem on the ring. Zero, Yuki and the chairman watched in awe as the ring slipped off of my fingers on its own before transforming into a sword in mid air and I caught it skillfully "this is 'silver moon'" I said handing it over to the chairman who took it hastily and examined it.
"Where did you get this from?" he questioned in obvious shock "Yuki's father had specially got this for her younger sister" he explained before handing it back to me "the ex-president of the hunter association gave it to me on my foster brother's request and said that it was of no worth lying around, he was going to destroy it if I didn't take it" I answered and tapped the hilt twice so that it would go back to being a ring.
The chairman nodded thoughtfully before sending me a cheerful smile and patting my head "go and settle in, welcome home Misaki"
YUKI
Zero and I were trying to keep the day class in control so that the night class could proceed to their classes but to no avail, I kept looking out to see when my new sister would arrive but I couldn't see anyone "thank you for your hard work, Yuki" I looked at my brother who was standing next to me smiling but the smile did not reach his eyes which were sad and lonelier than before "it's my duty to provide comfort to the night class students" I told him smiling ignoring the glares from the girls but I wondered if my decision hurt him and he nodded and walked back towards the night class, that was my brother their leader Kaname Kuran.
I was busy keeping the screaming girls from attacking the night class so I didn't realize when the gates opened and a girl walked in, only when I caught her scent which was really nice and sweet and I saw the day class turn to look at a beautifully stunning girl in jeans and a t-shirt along with a knapsack slung on her shoulder, but before I could see her completely she turned towards the night class who were looking at her in awe and shock, especially the boys who seemed star struck, and the girls were glaring slightly but from what I saw she looked shy and innocent maybe that's why the girls couldn't really glare at her so some of them just moved closer to whoever was their boyfriend, except for Kaname who wasn't even bothered to look, I sweat dropped hoping she wasn't another night class fan but I walked up to her and heard the girls from the day class gasp and gush at how beautiful she was.
"Hi you must be the new student and my new sister" I said when I reached her with a smile on my face but when she turned around to look at me I gasped as my eyes widened, it can't possibly be her...right?
My younger sister died when Rido attacked us but she was standing here in front of me... Misaki Kayuki Kuran, she's alive... my Misaki... my younger sister who I used to love being with as did Kaname and he used to give her a look that I can now call longing and love but Kaname thought she died and focused on saving me.
I was snapped out of my thoughts by the man I love...Zero "OI! Yuki stop day dreaming and help!" he exclaimed "shut up Zero! I'm welcoming my sister home!" I yelled back which caught everyone's attention so maybe that wasn't the most sensible thing to do... I looked at my brother who had now looked at Misaki for a second but his face held no emotion... HE COULDN'T REMEMBER HER?!
I looked back at Zero who was scaring the girls away "Zero, do you really have to do that?" I ask walking over to him and hugging him which he immediately responded to "how else will I spend time with you?" he said in a soft loving voice "*cough*I'm right here*cough*" a voice said causing Zero and I to jump apart blushing and I look to see a slightly smirking Misaki, we walked back to her and I introduced us and then we walked to the chairman's office where I got confused.
The chairman had told Misaki to call him dad with those tears streaming down his face and Misaki called him dad rather quickly and the chairman was shocked and his tears stop and then Misaki whimpered and told him not to hurt her... hurt her? The chairman said that he would never hurt her and I walked up to her "I will not let anything harm you" I whispered hugging her and Zero joined saying the same and soon it became a group hug including chairman after that we explained everything and we bid our farewells to the chairman and Zero.
I noticed the red rose pendant around her neck and that is when I knew that she is indeed Misaki because when we were younger Kaname gave that to her for her birthday, I can't believe he doesn't remember her.
We were walking to the dorms when I said something I regretted "I presume your favorite colors are black, white, red, purple, blue and silver" 'crap' those were her favorite colors when I knew her, our parents both sacrificed themselves to protect us from the devil known as Rido Kuran but when I woke up no one was around me and I often heard Kaname say that there was no trace of her and then one day that all stopped when he said that she was most probably dead but I know Misaki doesn't remember anything because I was dropping hints for her in the office but she didn't seem to notice, I was snapped out of my thoughts when Misaki looked at me shocked but I quickly covered it up with a lie and she smiled at me.
When we reached our dorms I told her to tell me if she needed anything and I walked into my dorm to find it empty because Yori went to visit her grandmother "wow...this is big" I heard Misaki whisper and I laughed, I was reading when I heard Misaki comment on how short the skirt is and I laughed "damn vampire hearing" she said loud enough for me to hear "I heard that!" I exclaimed "I meant that!" she exclaimed back causing me to laugh after that I put my book away and rested on my bed but after a while I heard Misaki's heartbeat increase rapidly and her crying... why? I walked out to her room and waited for her to open but decided not to ask her why she was crying and then we walked out for patrol and there Aidou Hanabusa decided to act up.
KANAME
*FLASHBACK*

"I'm sorry Kaname onii Sama but I love Zero therefore I cannot be with you" Yuki said completely breaking my heart but I put a small smile on my face after all I wanted her to be happy "Yuki do what makes you happy and be with the one you love but tell Kiryu if he hurts you I will tear him to pieces" I said and Yuki thanked me hugging me and ran to where Zero was waiting for her.
I walked up to my room not looking or talking to anyone, I sat on my four poster bed and took out a picture of two girls... the two girls who I loved the most Yuki and... Misaki but Misaki is most probably dead and it's all because of that bastard Rido. They were both taken away from me in a blink of an eye, I stared at the canopy and felt a warm liquid escape my eye, if there was any girl I loved in a romantic way then that was Misaki.
Misaki a small mesmerizing girl with thick reddish-brown hair and reddish-brown eyes and she looked just like our mother, this picture was taken on Misaki's 4th birthday and she was wearing a pure white dress looking like an angel and a red rose pendant that I had given to her.
I miss her but she isn't going to come back no matter what I do.

*END OF FLASHBACK*
I walked up to Yuki and talked for a while before going back to where the rest of the night class awaited, I had just reached when a sweet and intoxicating smell filled my entire being but I snapped out of it and gave the night class a look saying 'behave or die'. I stood at the front of the line but when I heard her introduce herself "Misaki Kayuki Cross" my head snapped up but before I could observe her she looked my way so I turned to the front and left with the night class right behind me.
MISAKI
Yuki and I walked back to the sun dorms walking to the girls section while getting to know each other "I presume your favorite colors are black, white, red, purple, blue and silver" Yuki said and I looked at her shocked because what she said was actually correct "what?" she asked "how do you know that?" I asked and she froze for a second but quickly covered it up "lucky guess" she said and I smiled as I got to know more about her and she got to know me.
"Here's your dorm, if you need anything I'm right next door and be dressed in an hour, I'll meet you here" Yuki said smiling "thanks Yuki" I said returning the smile "call me onee-chan or nee-chan" Yuki said "okay onee-san" I said grinning.
I walked inside my dorm "wow... this is big" I muttered and I heard Yuki laugh from her room 'damn vampire hearing, I have to be careful about what I say' I thought, I walked in and looked around and noticed all I had to do was take out and put 'easy enough' I thought as I went into the shower.
I got out and put my uniform on but looked at it "damn this is short" I commented and heard Yuki laugh once again "damn vampire hearing" I said loud enough for her to hear "I heard that!" she exclaimed "I meant that!" I shouted back making her laugh but I decided to wear a pair of shorts underneath my skirt along with my badge, I put my silver moon ring on and over that I slipped on the gloves which surprisingly didn't cover the rings because of the slits on the fingers, after I put on the safety catch, I attached the artemis gun to it and slipped it into my jacket.
'Now to cover these' I thought walking over to one of the boxes and opened it revealing neatly folded clothes and make up.
I took the make up and walked over to the dresser setting it down and looked into the mirror, I looked completely different then I did 6 months ago, I had bruises on my neck along with scars from where I was dragged, suffocated and cut and then I looked at my face where I had a 8 scars on my left cheek where I was cut with a broken piece of glass along with other small yet noticeable scars then I looked at my hands where I had a whole set of scars and bruises because I was burnt, hit, and whipped and the same went for my legs and on my back and stomach there were more bruises and scars, I'm just grateful that they never had a chance to rape me but I do feel bad about their death.
I started crying when I remembered everything they did to me, I was starved, beaten, whipped, burnt, cut and strangled, it was a living hell heck in fact hell sounded like a nicer place.
'Yuki might hear me' I thought as I wiped away my tears calming myself down after I picked up concealer that was the same exact shade as my skin and applied it all over the scars and bruises until they were properly concealed, I brushed my long thick red-brown hair and tied it into a tight ponytail while leaving my bangs to frame my face, I put on a light layer of clear lip gloss since my lips were naturally red and a bit of black eyeliner and mascara and I was done.
I started unpacking, I put my school books on my shelf along with a few novels such as a series called 'Blue Bloods', then another series known as 'The Mortal Instruments' and another series called 'The Infernal Devices' and a few more which contained different types of literature, works of fiction such as vampires, werewolves, along with...angels and a few more which I would like to read.
I put up my band posters along with a few pictures of my past families, I also had two acoustic guitars and two electrical guitars along with two violins and I had two keyboards so I decided I would keep one of each here and set them up on their stands along with my music books, I moved onto the next box which I did not recognize so I opened it and found a few sets of uniforms.
I unpacked them and put them back into my cupboard and I decided to keep half of my going out clothes and shoes here, and lastly I put the bottles of concealers behind my clothes 'finally done' I thought.
I looked at the clock on my wall and saw that I still had some time so I grabbed a book and started reading I was so engrossed in my book that when I heard a knock on my door I jumped "Misaki are you ready?" I heard Yuki's voice call "yeah give me a minute" I said putting my book away and looked in the mirror to make sure everything was concealed.
I opened the door to see Yuki smiling "you smile a lot" I said smiling
"so do you" she replied
"touché" I commented causing her to laugh
"shall we?" she asked and I nodded
We walked outside to see Zero leaning against a tree and when he saw us he smiled "hello love, hey sis" he said greeting us "hey Zero" I said and Yuki engulfed him in a hug.
We were walking around patrolling while Zero and Yuki explained everything to me and after a while of walking around Zero and Yuki were called by dad "you'll be okay here by yourself?" Yuki asked me with concern lacing her voice "yeah I'll be fine so hurry up and go and come back, okay?" I said and they nodded leaving.
I patrolled the ground once more and now I was in the forest leaning against a tree and then I started singing the song 'stars dance' by Selena Gomez.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*Reviewed and updated: 25/07/2016*