~Chapter 21~

*MISAKI*

They say you can't love anyone if you don't love yourself...nonsense...

I love Kaname even when I fail to love myself but my inability to love myself is what keeps me from expressing my feelings to him and even if I did...he doesn't reciprocate my feelings.

"Aidou suggested that since you got such lovely outfits for us, we should go to a shrine for New Years" I blinked a few times when I realized Yuki was talking to me "oh um sure, sounds good" I plastered the fake smile I had mastered over the course of time.

Keeping my eyes trained straight ahead, I shoved my hands in my pockets as the encounter with Kaname kept replaying in my head. If he didn't hate me before, he probably does now.

"Why did you run out of the moon dorms?" I took in a sharp breath of air at Yuki's question knowing that it was bound to come and my gaze fell on the chairman and Zero who were walking in front of us discussing something and had now fallen silent as if waiting for my answer.

I gave Yuki a look which clearly said that I didn't want to talk about it and I even mouthed 'later' to her and she nodded understandingly before looping our hands together "let's go window shopping!" she cheered set to take off but I held her back laughing before gesturing at Zero.

"Why don't you and Zero go roam around a little? He's been dying to get your attention for a while now" I snickered as Zero turned red and sent a glower my way but his eyes held a glimmer of hope as he looked at Yuki who smiled gently at him "thank you" she whispered to me before intertwining her fingers with Zero's as they strolled ahead leaving the chairman and I behind.

"Come, let me get you something to eat" the chairman grinned placing his hand on my back as I started protesting but he was having none of it "ice-cream?" he asked mischievously pointing towards an ice cream store and I deadpanned "ice-cream? In this weather?" I gestured to our winter clothing and the chairman shrugged.

"Let a father be a little crazy sometimes" the chairman stuck his tongue out at me before leading me towards the ice-cream store but I shook my head dragging my feet and pointed towards a cafe a few stores down "and let a daughter be mature sometimes" I playfully stuck my tongue out at him dragging him in the direction of the cafe "but-but ice cream" the chairman pouted as I pushed the door open and the bell above sounded indicating to the staff that customers have come.

I smiled gently as I took in the cozy atmosphere and the best part is that it wasn't too crowded "this is nice" I announced sliding into a booth to seat four and the chairman slid into the seat in front of me "yes, indeed" he fixed his glasses before handing a menu over to me "how will the lovebirds know where to find us?" I raised an eyebrow realizing that we hadn't told Zero or Yuki where we would be "they'll find us, don't worry" the chairman smiled reassuringly at me before looking back at the menu.

"Can I take your order?" I looked up as a young male, no older than 17, dressed in a uniform came up to our table with a notepad and pen at hand "I'll have a french vanilla please" the chairman said as we had decided to wait for Zero and Yuki to order something to eat "and for you gorgeous?"

My jaw unhinged slightly as the boy smiled charmingly at me leaving me dumbfounded "she'll have a hot chocolate with whipped cream" the chairman sighed as he looked up at the guy with a serious expression "and I would stop flirting with my daughter if I were you"

The poor boy turned red before scampering away to put our order in and I laughed slightly shaking my head "he wasn't flirting dad" I clarified resting my chin on the back of my hand "uhuh, say that to the hearts popping out of his eyes" the chairman muttered arching an eyebrow as he looked down the path the boy went "do I really look that scary?" he asked shocked and I burst out laughing at his horrified expression before shaking my head to comfort him.