Chapter 53 MEETING EVANS KILLER PART 4

I started sobbing as mum gripped the knief and made her way towards me. I couldn't get up from the ground.

I wouldn't make it on time.

I would be too slow.

I started to slide away as she kept her gaze on my every movement.

"Mum please stop!"

"Why? Your dad wouldnt benefit from you. He doesn't need us right?" Mum got on her hands and knees and started to crawl towards me as I moved away from her.

"Then what would you tell Maria when she is older? Or are you going to put her through what you did to me?"

"Actually yes. That's if I kill you Megan. When she is older I will send her messages and then who knows where it would lead,"

Sick sick person.

My hands slowly opened my bag and I slipped my hand inside to feel the cold metal pig. I pulled it out before throwing it at her. I watched as she caught it before pressing the button.

Bingo.

The knief shot out and sliced right through her hand. Mum slumped over to the ground as she held her hand.

I quickly reached in my bag but couldn't feel the knief. Instead I felt something else. When I pulled it out I it was a gun. I tightened my grip on it and I took notice of its heavy weight.

It must be loaded.

I used my other hand to wipe my face from tears as I kept my eyes on my mum. I got up on my feet and started to slowly walk back but then she suddenly sat up.

I froze on my spot as I didn't want to miss anything. She turned to face me and gripped the pig before pulling the knief out and splattering her face with blood in the process.

She stood up and used her good hand to grip her knief.

"You know when I was killing Evan he did the exact same thing," I walked back as she started to come towards me.

"He stabbed me once but guess who won at the end," tears were running down my face as I continued to walk back. I couldn't even look back due to being so scared.

"I won!" Mum ran towards me in fast speed and I pointed my gun at her as my shaky hands tried to pull the trigger but someone beat me to it.

Mum fell to the ground with a huge loud thud. I looked up to see who shot her and saved my life.

It was Ricky.

I dropped to the ground before letting go of the gun. He dropped his gun too before quickly running towards me.

"Megan are you ok?"

"I think so," I said quietly and he wrapped his arms around me as he rubbed my back. The pain in my chest started to increase as I heard the sirens from afar.

"Help is on the way Megan. Don't close your eyes it's ok,"

I place my hand on my chest as weakness started to take over my body.

Ricky cradled me in his arms as fear covered his face.

"This is what happened to me when I first witnessed someone get shot. I promise you will be fine but I can't stay here Megan. I will get arrested," he gently removed his arms from me and placed me on the ground as if I was a dead body.

With the little strength left I managed to grab his arm to stop him.

"How did you know I was in danger?"

Ricky gave me a sad smile before pulling up his hood.

"I just did," with that he was gone and I was left alone in the park.

The pain in my chest became unbearable and I couldn't even stay conscious. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to go.

***

"Megan," I felt someone poke my cheek. "Megan I am hungry wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Maria sitting on me which caused me to sit up on my bed and hug her tightly.

"Maria I have missed you so much!" She giggled a bit before grabbing onto my hair.

"Daddy and Daniel said that mummy is bad," I didn't reply as I kept my arms around her. Maria tried to wiggle away but I held onto her.

"I am hungry Megan!"

"Oh right. Sorry about that. Where is dad and Daniel?"

"They are eating. I will go and get them," she ran out before I could stop her and I couldn't help but worry about her going of with a stranger.

I swung my legs out of my bed before trying to reach for the phone on the drawer near my bed. I grabbed it and pressed the power button so I could see the time.

It was 1pm.

Today was the 26th.

I had almost slept through the whole day. Today was the day I spend celebrating my dad's promotion not in hospital sleeping. I groan as I rested my head in my hands.

"I was kind of hoping you don't get access to any of these until your thirty," a voice said as the phone was pulled out of my grip. I looked up to see Daniel giving me a sympathetic look before taking a seat next to me.

"What mother does this Daniel?" I asked him as I refer back to everything that happened.

"I know. I know. This is going to be very hard to accept but she did it."

"Is she dead?" I asked and Daniel looked at the window with an emotionless look on his face.

"No. I am sorry Megan," I got of the bed and started to look around to find my small bag.

"What are you doing Megan?"

"I need to find the gun Daniel,"

"What?"

My breathing became heavy as I looked through my stuff at a fast pace. Daniel suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him but I struggled out of his grip.

"It's with the police Megan. Please calm down," he carried me and placed me on the bed. I tried to sit up but he pushed me down gently down before resting his arm across my waist.

"Look! I can kill her Daniel please help me do it," I helplessly rested my hands on his arm which now felt like the metal bar on roller coaster rides.

"No Megan I will not let her ruin you!"

"She killed Blair. This is only way I would feel safe. I don't feel safe," I started to cry and Daniel kept his arm in place before leaning down to kiss my cheek.

He gently wiped the tears from my face. And rested his hand on my cheek.

"Blair is alive,"Daniel said quietly and my eyes widened in shock as I looked at him.

"What?"

"He is in a coma but he is alive," I relaxed a bit as Daniel gently pushed my braids back. I rubbed his firm arm gently and he smiled at my action.

"Everything is going to be ok. You are going to be fine Megan,"

I closed my eyes but kept my hand on his arm because that was the only thing keeping me sane

Daniel being with me kept me sane.