chapter 11- Hinata Told Him

Start from the beginning

I tried to calm down. Chill, I thought, it's only a day, tomorrow you will get to go back to school.

We lay down on the roof together, looking at the stars. They were unusually bright that night.

"Kageyama?"

"Hm? "

I hesitated a little. Should I ask him?

"Oi, what are you thinking? That face doesn't suit you. " Kageyama asked.

"Uhm... Uh... Who is the person you like? " I asked in the end.

He blinked a while before turning away, "I told you not to ask. "

"I dunno, like we could make an exchange or something. I tell you mine, you tell me yours. " I said.

He shrugged his shoulder and did not say anything else, staring intently at the stars.

He didn't look remotely angry, he just looked like he was thinking.

After a few minutes, I decided to ask something again, "Kageyama, you've been off your game for quite a bit, is it her? "

"Her? " Kageyama looked confused.

"Saya, that girl. "

"Pfft, her? That annoying girl? No, not her, besides, I only met her today. " Kageyama laughed, I felt better knowing that it wasn't her.

But... Who is it?

"I'll tell you if you tell me first. " he said.

"Nuuu, you say first."

He shrugged and ended it there. I growled softly in frustration, "OK fine... I'll tell you first. "

He smiled and turned to me, watching me.

"Uh... Uhm... Don't be grossed out ok? "

He frowned, "why would I? "

"Because... Uh.. I like... " I started playing with me fingernails.

"Who? "

"..."

"Oii, who??? " he said slightly louder.

"You! You alright! I keep thinking about you and I day dream about you. I really, really like you! " I half yelled at him. For a split second, I felt relieved but then seeing the reaction on Kageyama's face, that feeling evaporated.

I blushed and got up, ready to run away.

Now that I've told him, I don't want to know who he liked anymore. If it wasn't me... It just made things worse.

"Hinata... You know... I-"

I interrupted him, "forget it. "

He fell silent. I felt like crying. I might have just ruined our friendship by telling him that. I hoped that he would be pleasantly surprised or at least just OK with it but I didn't know he would be this shocked.

I couldn't blame him though, it was my choice to take the risk.

I felt someone put their hands over my shoulder and pulled my gently towards them. I looked up to see Kageyama.

He was smiling at me, a sweet one, a goofy one, unlike those extremely terrifying one when he tries to smile.

"I'm... Fine with it. "

That made me blush really hard.

"S-so w-what? " I stammered.

"Like... I dunno... You are a good friend.." he pulled me closer to him, "a softie, one that let me hug ... But... I dunno if I like like you, get it? "

I blushed even more... So did I have a chance?

"So... Do I get a chance? "

"Maybe. "

That made me more than happy. He didn't hate me for liking him, I guess he was shocked at the start but he is fine with it now.

For a few minutes, we stayed like that.

"you wanna stay? " I asked.

"Will your parents allow? "

"I can just tell them your parents are on business trip. "

"OK then"

We showered and set up a mattress for Kageyama, but he insisted on sleeping on my bed.

"Fine... "

He smiled and jumped onto my bed. Sometimes he gives me the impression of a little boy.

After he fell asleep, I still couldn't sleep. My mind was filled with thoughts for a long time, until I finally slept