Chapter 12: Time to Heal

The camp that was filled with quiet survivors was now louder than before. Claudette was quick to act after seeing Detective Tapp come out of the trial with an unconscious Dwight. "Everyone step back and give us space!" Everyone backed away from the place they rested him at. Some decided to stick around to see if he was okay, others went to go wait for the two remaining survivors. 

Laurie and Jake entered back into the camp three minutes after the two. Jake cleared his throat, he was hiding the mark Michael had given him. Laurie looked at him in worry. She led him away from the group and towards Claudette, who had Quentin helping her out. "You should really have Claudette check that out.." Laurie whispered and Jake shook his head. "It'll be fine." He stated bluntly, lifting his scarf higher. 

Quentin turned and saw Laurie and Jake coming up. He quickly stood up and walked over to him. "How is he?" The Saboteur asked Quentin. The boy let out a soft sigh and looked back to Claudette. "He could be better.. How did you manage to find him?" The sleepy boy eyed Jake to make sure he didn't see any visible wounds. 

"Michael had him hidden in the basement. Tapp told us someone was stuck down there so we went to go check it out." Laurie replied to Quentin's question. He nodded at her, "There was a lot of cuts and bruises. We found out he had a untreated foot injury. Claudette is trying her best to get him patched up." He led them over to Claudette. 

"Sit over there, Jake." Quentin ordered pointing over at the stump. Jake sat over at the stump hesitantly. He stared over at Dwight who seemed peaceful. He sighed, looking down at his hands. He felt bad that he couldn't find out any sooner. Couldn't prevent this from happening..

"Remove your scarf." Quentin walked back over with a few bandages in hand. He awaited for Jake to do as he was told. The Saboteur looked up at him confused. "Remove my scarf, why?" He questioned and the Sleepy boy sighed. "It's obvious you are hiding whatever has happened to you under that scarf." Jake gave the stink eye to Laurie and she backed up in defense. "Just focus on Dwight first, he is-" 

"Jake, Listen to me. Claudette is taking care of him, I will take care of you."  Jake let out a frustrated sigh, tearing off his scarf. A huge purple bruise was left over from what happened during the trial ending. Quentin inspected the wound and with that, he began to bandage it up. 

"The bruising isn't major, but I will bandage it up anyways. Just don't do sudden movements to your neck and you will be fine." Quentin mumbled. Claudette walked over towards the small group and let out a big sigh. "The injuries seriously has been getting worse lately." She sat on the stump next to Jake. "Is Dwight okay?" Jake asked while placing his scarf back on. 

"He has normal heart rate, his foot has been treated. His cuts weren't that big of a deal, bruising will hurt but not as much. He just needs a couple of days off and it'll heal." Claudette had stood up with a small smile. "Thank you both for finding him.. We wouldn't know what to do without our leader." She let out a huge yawn.

"Make sure Jake goes to bed. It'll be a hassle to have him in trials when he doesnt have a single ounce of sleep." Laurie giggled playfully and walked off with Claudette back to camp. Quentin looked over at Jake who chuckled nervously. "I'll be with David over by the bondfire." Quentin notified him and walked off.

Jake sighed, he stood up and walked over to the tent they rested Dwight in. The Saboteur crawled in and laid next to the unconscious nerd. Cupping his bandaged cheek he gave a few rubs.

A small smile escaped his lips as he held back some tears. "I'm so glad you are back.." Jake mumbled to himself. "Why are you crying Jake?.." The nerd managed to mumble out to him.

Jake let out a shaky breath, sitting up straight to look down at the nerd. "I'm not crying babe.." He responded back, Dwight held in a chuckle. "What are the liquids streaming down your cheek then?" He asked, looking up at Jake with his lazy eyes.

"It's from sweating.. Go back to sleep, you need to rest." Removing the fallen hairs off his face, he went in and gave his fiancé a kiss. Dwight gently yanked on his sweater, the saboteur tilted his head in curiosity.

"Sleep with me?.. It's been lonely without you around by my side." Jake laid back and let Dwight huddle into him. "I love youuu.~" Dwight giggled, kissing his cheek. "Just go to bed hun." Jake let out a small laugh.

"Awe.. Say it back, please?" Dwight pouted during the silence. "Never mind, Good night Jake." Dwight turned over and scooted away from him. Jake looked over at him then up at the sky.

Hearing Dwight's soft snores reassured him. He sighed turning over to face Dwight's back. He scooted in and hugged Dwight from behind. Nuzzling his neck and closing his eyes. "I love you too.."