Airplane

Mae sits back in the airplane seat and groans weakly.

Not only is she extremely tired from moving everything of hers and her twin brother into a truck days earlier but she hasn't slept since then.

"Do you want your sleeping pill?" Her monotone twin brother, Max, asks.

She shakes her head, lowering it to hold it in her pale, lightly freckled hand.

"Moving from U.K. to America...not very bloody sleep-aiding..." She comments. Max nods slightly and closes his eyes. "Try sleep, Mae." Mae silently answers by closing her emerald eyes, pushing her gold hair off her neck, and resting her head on the pillow.

Mae starts to slowly opens her eyes, and feels herself rocked slowly. She groans to her twin knowing it's him.

"Almost there."

She just groans again and pushes her face back into her pillow.

Why am I here? This'll be complicated. What'll happen when we get there? Will I even have friends? What school, anyways? Hope it's not prissy. What about our house? Will the house be cool? Hm... too many questions...

Questions and hopes have been repeating in her head ever since she's been packing to now and she can't seem to get them out.

She hears a voice over the intercom but it's static so she ignores it, trusting her brother to be the lead now.

"Mae." Max whispers in her ear, lightly shaking her to get up. She opens her eyes and grabs the chairs arms, pulling herself up.

Too many people. Max and Mae think. Max stays calm while Mae starts getting hot and restless. It starts getting worse by the second.

Social anxiety is a bitch. The female tightens her grip on her her brothers hand while he caresses her hand making her hand relax a bit.

"Max." She pants.

"Almost."

He pulls her by her pale, now half limp, hand.